Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pumpkin Muffin Recipe

dls06
dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
There is a pumpkin muffin recipe going around that calls for

1 boxed cake
15 oz pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup of milk
1/3 cup of egg whites

I made them and the center would not cook. The center was mushy even though I cooked them longer then it called for. The bottoms burnt. Did anyone else make them? I don't want to try them again if it's a bad recipe.

Replies

• LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    I made them but with just water and the pumpkin. No milk nor eggs. They baked perfectly and it came out super moist and only 86 calories per cupcake. I made a light cream cheese frosting for them too! The recipe I got was from Skinnytaste.com
  • I use only 1 box of cake mix (chocolate or spice) and 15 oz. can of pumpkin. They are great!!!!
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member
    I use only 1 box of cake mix (chocolate or spice) and 15 oz. can of pumpkin. They are great!!!!

This - they are amazing. I used spice cake mix and I have also used a carrot cake mix - incredibly delicious and moist!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    i've made this before but with just Pumpkin, cake mix, and water. I think the problem is you have too much liquid and not enough dry ingredients...

Another WW cake recipe altogether is 1 can diet coke and any cake mix (dark one-- chocolate, devil's food, etc) or 1 can Sprite Zero and lemon or white cake. That cake is SUPER moist but yummy and only 170 calories per slice.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    I used the skinnytaste.com recipe; 1 box cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, 1 cup water, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix. They turned out great and even my kids liked them (oh, and I added some mini chocolate chips to entice my kids to try them.)
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    I just use the pumpkin and the cake mix. If I use the spice I add pumpkin spice to it to make it a bit spicery or a few nuts. Also I put chocolate chips in the chocolate one and they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!
  • bump to read later
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    My mum made these for me yesterday:

http://www.itv.com/lorraine/food/spiced-pumpkin-muffins/

Batch of 12 (without the icing) = around 192 cals per muffin

They are so goooood!!! :happy:
  • I use one box of yellow mix with pumpkin pie spice in it or a spice mix, 1 can pumpkin, and 1/2 c apple juice. They're amazing. My kids (who seem to hate pumpkin in anything else) love them!
  • dls06
    I will try them again now that I have the right recipe.

Thank you all for the replys. :flowerforyou: .:heart:
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Bump for later. Love pumpkin flavored foods!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I make mine with just pumpkin and cake mix, nothing else and they always turn out really good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/359072-white-chocolate-chip-pumpkin-muffins
  • dls06
    I make mine with just pumpkin and cake mix, nothing else and they always turn out really good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/359072-white-chocolate-chip-pumpkin-muffins
    I have the recipe for this one. I need to get an angle food cake mix. Thanks for reminding me. :drinker:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Yummy!
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    bumpity bump bump for later :wink:
  • whoiskat23
    whoiskat23 Posts: 103 Member
    I love pumpkin muffins and really missed eating them cause I couldn't find any with reasonable calories per serving. I'm glad I found this one and modified it a little bit to add in chocolate chips. :love:

According to the recipe maker, here's what I got...

Calories / Carbs / Fat / Protein / Fiber
    Duncan Hines - Spice Cake (Mix Only), 1 package = 2,048 / 410 / 42 / 12 / 12
    Libby's - 100% Pure Pumpkin (15 oz Can), 3.5 cup (122g)= 280 / 63 / 4 / 14 / 35
    Hershey's - Milk Chocolate Chips , 8 Tbsp.(1/2 cup) = 560 / 72 / 36 / 8 / 8

Makes 24, so 1 muffin = ~120 cals, 23gr carbs, 3gr Fat, 1gr protein, 2gr Fiber

:heart:
  • i read this thread earlier...and then remembered I had some leftover pumpkin in the fridge from the pancakes I made last week...so I used:
    1 box yellow cake mix
    2 eggs
    1 cup water
    1 cup pumpkin
    cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and some vanilla
    3 tbs toll house mini morsels

so far for 24 that is 105 calories. i wonder what i could add to these to get more fiber or protein? some protein powder? I don't have any though. i think this would also be good with chocolate cake mix....mmm i love chocolate! they are baking right now, i'll let you know how hey turn out!
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    I will try with gluten free cake mix! Thanks!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    bump! I love pumpkin muffins, and do miss having them more often. :) I'll have to find a good cake mix as well, maybe a white or yellow. But the spice cake mix sounds really good!!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Just cake mix and pumpkin.... nothing else. I learned this one from a WW member and they are really good. all i knew was they are one point.