I fell off the wagon!

Options
So, I just got back from a nice beach vacation ..my husband & I were celebrating our 1 yr wedding

anniversary. I told myself going into it that I was going to do good & not eat much & be aware of what I

was eating. Well, that went out the window the first day. I gained 3 lbs over vacation!! :blushing: I'm so

mad at myself right now. But, I'm starting back strong today...just entered my breakfast for today & I plan

on exercising after work.

Replies

• Karaboo
    Karaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So, I just got back from a nice beach vacation ..my husband & I were celebrating our 1 yr wedding

anniversary. I told myself going into it that I was going to do good & not eat much & be aware of what I

was eating. Well, that went out the window the first day. I gained 3 lbs over vacation!! :blushing: I'm so

mad at myself right now. But, I'm starting back strong today...just entered my breakfast for today & I plan

on exercising after work.
  • markei1
    markei1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    that's not falling off the wagon, it's just a minor stop. I'm not sure who really does what they are supposed to do on vacation. my husband and I are going somewhere the 2nd week of may, so I'm trying to prepare myself now. Gonna try to do my best, but like you I'll just pick back up when I get back. you'll find that those 3lbs will come off very quickly. what matters is that you and the hubby had a a wonderful time...Happy 1 Year...We are working on 7 in June.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I agree...did you have a good time and enjoy yourselves? That's what's most important. Plus you were on vacation away from your kitchen. It's pretty difficult to stay on track when your only options are restaurants. If I were you I wouldn't beat myself up too much.
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    This is a disappointment, possibly at tiny sit-back. But just a blip on the radar screen. So.....just get up and run along side the wagon and hop back on. The running will help you lose the 3 pounds. :wink:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    When I went on my 2 week Carribean honeymoon in Nov, I made a conscious choice to step off the wagon. And I am glad I did! I had a great time and I knew that I would be able to lose whatever weight I gained -- and I did lose it! You have no reason to feel guilty. This is a lifestyle not a diet and you are allowed to cut yourself some slack every once in a while as long as you make that choice knowing and accepting the consequences.

Also, just athought but when I first came back and stepped on the scale it said I gained 10lbs in 2 weeks! A few days later I lost more than 5 of those. I was retaining a lot of water probably from all the salty food I ate. So your 3 lbs may in fact be more like 1 or 2.:wink:
  • Karaboo
    Karaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement! : ) We really did have a nice time & it was also nice not having to count

calories. We ate at Olive Garden on the day of our anniversary & it was SO good..I just can't say no to

those bread sticks! ; ) And then another day I got a brownie sundae...yum! lol. So, I wasn't surprised to

see those 3 lbs...but I guess the difference with doing this site now is I'm actually going to do something

about it instead of avoiding the scale & living in denial. Thanks again for all the encouragement--I feel a

lot better now & more motivated!! :heart: