Three for Thanksgiving: Mommy Challenge Part 4

Options

Replies

• madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello mommies:) Today is a great day!! I am off to a great start and the hubbs and I are celebrating 8 years today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hello mommies:) Today is a great day!! I am off to a great start and the hubbs and I are celebrating 8 years today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Anniversary! My 7 year was Sunday :-)
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Congrats!! enjoy your day!!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Happy Anniversary to both of you!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Happy November Mommies!!

I think this will be a great month for all of us. Three pounds is a very manageable goal. We are ALL able to use some moderation for Thanksgiving to maintain that loss.

I am happy to see that you are still with us, Latoya:flowerforyou: My plan is to do better on the weekends this month. When the day starts off rough, we just have to work a little bit harder to get it back on track. A little bit lighter dinner, a little bit heavier workout = successful day:wink:

I hope everyone made it away from Halloween successfully. I chewed gum the entire trick-or-treating session so I wouldn't be tempted. I did fall prey to one tootsie roll & a couple of Hot Tamales though. It's always nice to see all the kiddos dressed up in their costumes. By the end of the night, I was practically shoveling candy into the poor kids' pails just so I wouldn't be stuck with the temptation of leftovers. We did walk around for a little while before passing out candy so the two-year old could experience "trick-or-treating" = nice workout too!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

good weekend advice!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Double congrats!
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    HAPPY NOVEMBER MOMMIES!!!

Alright, lets get down to business! As the new unofficial, official team leader (:laugh: ) I do have 2 mini challanges that I want ALL OF US, this includes you too Latoya, to do. Not only do we need to be mindful of what we eat, and get in as much exercise as possible, I would like all of us to keep a close eye on our water and fiber intake. Both water and fiber are VERY key to keeping us full and flushing out all the junk!!! Everyday, Every Mommy, lets get in our work outs and get in as much fiber and water as we can stomach!!! I learned out digestive track can hold onto 11lb of "junk" so lets take the time to up our fiber and flush it out!!! Now go mommies, go! Lets kick November in the rear!!!

I like the idea of little challenges like this, what do you all think? Does anyone else have any little challenges they would like to throw in????
    :drinker:
  • snwilliams3
    snwilliams3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've never participated in a challenge, but am up for it!!

SW- 255 9/19/11
    CW- 239 11/1/11
    GW- I am just trying to get out of the 2's to start and then we'll see! I want to look and feel good again!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NOVEMBER MOMMIES!!!

Alright, lets get down to business! As the new unofficial, official team leader (:laugh: ) I do have 2 mini challanges that I want ALL OF US, this includes you too Latoya, to do. Not only do we need to be mindful of what we eat, and get in as much exercise as possible, I would like all of us to keep a close eye on our water and fiber intake. Both water and fiber are VERY key to keeping us full and flushing out all the junk!!! Everyday, Every Mommy, lets get in our work outs and get in as much fiber and water as we can stomach!!! I learned out digestive track can hold onto 11lb of "junk" so lets take the time to up our fiber and flush it out!!! Now go mommies, go! Lets kick November in the rear!!!

I like the idea of little challenges like this, what do you all think? Does anyone else have any little challenges they would like to throw in????
    :drinker:
    Sounds good to me.....i always need a push to get my water in! I am terrible with it!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Happy Anniversary !!!!
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Happy Anniversary....wishing you many more...
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Here is my starting weight for this challenge:

10/31- 211.0
    11/7-
    11/14-
    11/21-
    11/28-
    11/30-
    Total loss-

I hope to be in the "one"derland at the end of this challenge. I know the challenge is for 3 lbs but I really want to be in the 100s before the end of the year.

Good luck Mommies.
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Good morning mommies!!! Happy Hump Day!! What will you do today to work towards losing 3 before Thanksgiving? My goal: 1280 calories and 30 Day Shred. We can do this!:smile::smile:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good morning mummies.. So I finally weighed yesterday and forgot to log here... smh.. I guess there are so many things on my mind lately, I've been a real forgetful jane! lol

Anyways.. I'm ready for this challenge:

Gonna continue to watch what I eat and continue to drink lots of water.. and gonna get back on the exercise bandwagon by doing at least 3 days a week of cardio again..

Here are my stats:

10/31- 127.5 lbs
    11/7-
    11/14-
    11/21-
    11/28-
    11/30-

Total lost for this challenge thus far:

Lets get this going ladies!!
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good morning mommies....hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday...:wink:
  • jennajava
    Options
    Hey hey! I'm Jenna. I'm just going to copy and paste from my "about me."
    --Synopsis:
    I'm blunt. I love Jesus. Don't like it; don't add me. I'm an uber-nerd. Obviously. I use words like "uber" and "synopsis." I can also spell just about anything, and use semicolons correctly. I love my husband and daughter more than anything in this world. I can't imagine life without either of them...they ARE my world. I teach Writing to rowdy, creative fourth graders. I'm a voracious reader, and a zumba fanatic. I like to try new crafty stuff. I paint things. I sew things. I never steal things. You can't scare me; I'm a teacher.

--Why I'm Here:
    I gained 10 lbs while on fertility meds, then 63 more while pregnant (baby weighed 7 lbs.). I also have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which makes it hard to maintain a "small" figure, due to hormones being out of whack. I'm wanting to get back where I was at my wedding-- 120 lbs, and STAY. It's gonna be a lifetime fight for me, so I'm in this for good.

Here's my first weigh-in, since I missed Monday.
    CW: 143.2
    I have another goal to be 141 by this Friday, so my goal will be: 138.
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    So glad you found us Jenna! We are a great group!!! :wink:
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    We need a Thanksgiving revamp..lets see...lets have a mini challenge for the week: what do you think mommies!? Lets check in daily regarding our meals...i think it is important to snack, but we need 3 square solid meals...so what are u eating today...lets do this for a week and see how everyone is staying within there calorie goal! Today i have this planned:

Breakfast- 100 cal grits pack and cinnamon toast

Lunch- leftover lasagna (small slice) with fruit for dessert

Dinner- chicken tacos with wheat tortillas

thoughts?
  • jennajava
    Options
    I'm doing the slimfast thing right now. I'm not usually one for fad diets, but I need a lot of protein to keep me full between meals, and they have 10g, so it's really been helping.

So...

Bfast: Slimfast
    [snack]
    Lunch: Slimfast
    [snack]
    Dinner: Pulled pork sandwich w/ 100 cal. pack of Pringles