strange food combinations

Options

Replies

• rachel08miller
    rachel08miller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LOVE pb and pickle!

My latest 'weird', according to those observing me eat it, is yogurt on oatmeal. I was out of milk at work but had a container of yogurt so...tried it, love it. I also mix yogurt + cottage cheese. mmmm.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Philadelphia light and Marmite on toast, topped with sliced cucumber...:blushing:
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen/early 20s, my absolute favorite sandwich was grilled cheese (grilled in real butter) on oatmeal bread made with extra sharp cheddar cheese, crunchy peanut butter, and bacon slices. All my friends thought it was disgusting.

Amazing blend of tastes and textures ... but dripped grease.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Smoked salmon and horseradish. The BEST sandwich ever.

Oh! this sounds awesome!!! Like the gourmet version of my tuna & horseraddish!!! I am trying this.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Some people wrinkle their nose at me when I tell them I like tuna & horseraddish. I can't be the only one out there that has tried this....

Really? I thought seafood and horseradish was a standard combination. Isn't that why they put horseradish in cocktail sauce and wasabi (horseradish) on sushi?
  • LauraSize8
    LauraSize8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I dig applesauce in my mac and cheese, and cottage cheese with my tuna. I also love ketchup on eggs, chips, tacos, and cheese.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    I have a friend that puts ketchup on everything, even on top of his pancakes or french toast with syrup.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Some people wrinkle their nose at me when I tell them I like tuna & horseraddish. I can't be the only one out there that has tried this....

Really? I thought seafood and horseradish was a standard combination. Isn't that why they put horseradish in cocktail sauce and wasabi (horseradish) on sushi?
    Good point, I'm gonna have to tell that to people when they think I'm wierd for tuna & horseraddish.
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My husband's favorite casserole: Ramen noodles without the seasoning packet, a can of baked beans, a can of creamed corn, a can of cream of mushroom soup, sliced hot dogs and/or sliced sausage links, a can of peas and cheese all mixed together.

He has also used tuna in place of the hot dogs/sausage.

It is so gross -- it looks like someone already ate it once and barfed it back up. But he loves it.
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I prefer jalapenos or just jalapeno juice on my popcorn. :)

This sounds good to me!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree about the mayo on a meatball sandwich with tomato sauce. My husband always does this, and I must say he got me to try it and it is pretty tasty.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I agree about the mayo on a meatball sandwich with tomato sauce. My husband always does this, and I must say he got me to try it and it is pretty tasty.

Anything is good with mayo on it.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my grandma used to give me ricotta cheese with a little sugar mixed in it. When I ate it in college it grossed my roommate out.
    I also dip breakfast sausage in syrup!
    Chopped apples in tunafish is delicious also.
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I havent had it in a long time but I love meatball with tomato sauce on a roll with mayo... I know it sounds nasty.. But you'll have to try it before you say Yuck.... Everyone that tryed it ... ends up loving it...

In Louisiana that is good eatin. Meatball poboy!
  • mmjones47
    Options
    love yogurt and cottage cheese.....:happy:
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Tuna and horseradish sounds delish! I also love my wasabi peas.
  • Jemiot
    Jemiot Posts: 16
    Options
    Nacho Cheese Doritos with Cottage Cheese as a dip. Delicious!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nacho Cheese Doritos with Cottage Cheese as a dip. Delicious!

Ooh! I love to dip barbecue potato chips in cottage cheese!
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i put ketchup on everything. Chicken, eggs, rice, salads, literally everything that is a dinner meal lol
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    My grandmother used to put miracle whip on her strawberry jello. I would go to her fridge & think it was cool whip, imagine my surprise when I took a bite.