Back at it.

Options
Well, I am Bacccck. I have found a rec center less than 5 minutes from my job. It has everything that I had to work with when I was at the 'Y' and cost less. The only thing I am giving up is my lunch hour. Instead of taking the full hour I'm doing 15-20 (Gulp), and I have to get there before 4:30 p.m. in order to get in. I went shopping and got fresh fruits and veggies. I've only worked out for less than a week and already I feel great. Seems like my old muscles remember what it feels like to be in shape. I not looking for a 'quick' fix. I just want to feel better. It has been a rough winter with few highlights. I lost my Daddy one day shy of his 76 birthday in January.:sad: On his birthday my family was planning his funeral. But I did go to Washington, DC for the inaugration. IT WAS AWSOME!!!!!!:drinker: Came home an hour before my Daddy's funeral visitation and his funeral was the next day.:brokenheart: I was working with raw energy. I went to Washington because that was the last thing my Daddy knew I was doing and I know he would have wanted me to go.

So, to all my fitness pal. Don't give up or give in. Our health is all we have and I am here to lift up anyone who needs it.

Good luck!!!:happy:

Replies

• juanitablackshe
    Options
    Well, I am Bacccck. I have found a rec center less than 5 minutes from my job. It has everything that I had to work with when I was at the 'Y' and cost less. The only thing I am giving up is my lunch hour. Instead of taking the full hour I'm doing 15-20 (Gulp), and I have to get there before 4:30 p.m. in order to get in. I went shopping and got fresh fruits and veggies. I've only worked out for less than a week and already I feel great. Seems like my old muscles remember what it feels like to be in shape. I not looking for a 'quick' fix. I just want to feel better. It has been a rough winter with few highlights. I lost my Daddy one day shy of his 76 birthday in January.:sad: On his birthday my family was planning his funeral. But I did go to Washington, DC for the inaugration. IT WAS AWSOME!!!!!!:drinker: Came home an hour before my Daddy's funeral visitation and his funeral was the next day.:brokenheart: I was working with raw energy. I went to Washington because that was the last thing my Daddy knew I was doing and I know he would have wanted me to go.

So, to all my fitness pal. Don't give up or give in. Our health is all we have and I am here to lift up anyone who needs it.

Good luck!!!:happy:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. :flowerforyou:
  • juanitablackshe
    Options
    Thank you. I have a large family, friends and a host of caring people helping get through this. It will take time but as long as I don't dwell in it I will get stronger. I've offering up my work outs in memory of my Daddy.