Skin problem

Options
Recently, within the past 6 months my skin has been starting to break out on my face. I have NEVER had problems with my skin...though I am entering into nursing school I know stress is a factor. However, I drink LOTS of water, exercise, get atleast 8 hours of sleep. I wash my face twice a day with a face wash from Walgreens, and wear "sensitive" brand make up from Sephora. I don't know what else to do but it is getiting to be a hassel! Does this come with age?? haha

Replies

• kimber_av
    Options
    Stress is a factor. However, I had PERFECT skin until I was 20. then BAM adult acne.
    switch to an acne cleanser, see if that works better.
    Seems like you are washing your face enough not to have any other things coming into play.
  • LuneBleu85
    Options
    Take apple cider vinegar tablets! I tried everything for years and had horrible cystic acne. Now I barely even get a pimple! Best of luck, I know how annoying it is to have zits :\
  • tamdee43
    tamdee43 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When you change your diet, sometimes it will cause an outbreak. If you have recently went through a body cleansing process to get rid of toxins, it will cause it too.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Go see your local pharmacist... they are usually brilliant at spotting symptoms and will be able to tell you whether or not to seek further medical advice from your Doctor. :smile:

Don't play guess the ailment... it's not worth it. Health is linked to well-being and happiness... so go get it checked out by a professional! :flowerforyou:
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have had acne for years and the only thing that has been helping is cutting out dairy and NOT using face wash for acne. Overwashing your face can dry your skin and make it break out. Our cases seem to be the exact oppsite but I recomend Clinique's basic fase wash, I got it from Sephora.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Do you use a moisturizer under your make-up? I have extremely sensitive skin and have to have a barrier between my skin and the make-up, no matter how hypo-allergenic or non-comedogenic it is. Also, I can't use anything with oil in it or I break out. My skin has always been sort of bad, but it definitely got worse after I hit 25. I still get break outs during my period, no matter what :(
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have had exactly the same since I joined here. By all accounts my lifestyle is far healthier now....so why is my skin worse than it was when I was a teenager?
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am going to try to tablets and see if they help. I have also tried not using face wash as well and that seemed to not help. I don't use a moisturizer, maybe I should try that.. I am just getting so frustrated. I use to not even have to wear face make up cuz my skin was so clear and it has just hit me. I don't understand why...I eat healthy too!!