Vacation/drinking

so I am taking a "middle of the semester from hell" vacation this weekend. haha
Going to spend time with a friend in Florida.

Any suggestions on healthier options for drinking? My FL friends are big partiers.
Just seeing if I have any options other than icky lite beer! haha.

Don't tell me not to drink. Thats not helpful.

Replies

• LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Vodka with diet soda is a favorite of mine - low(er) cal choice.:drinker:
  • Water??
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    I hear skinny b*tch margaritas are good... I believe you can get a bottle from the local grocery/liquor store if you'd like to try it before you go.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    :drinker: Spiced rum and diet soda! yummy and only 60cals.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    If having a fun weekend away....forget abput logging. Enjoy and have fun!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    For most drunk for least calories, any clear liquor with diet soda. However, all alcohol is calories, which is why you need two light beers to get the buzz of one regular. If you want to get blitzed, deal with the calories or try another recreational drug.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Barcardi & Diet Coke....about 65 calories
  • I drink vodka with water and a small splash of cranberry juice. I also squeeze a lemon or a lime in it. The cran and the lemon kill the taste of vodka. I also ask for it in a tall glass....it keeps me from drinking them too fast and also keeps you hydrated. Easy on the hangovers. ;) Have fun in FL!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    For most drunk for least calories, any clear liquor with diet soda. However, all alcohol is calories, which is why you need two light beers to get the buzz of one regular. If you want to get blitzed, deal with the calories or try another recreational drug.

^ and which would you recommend??? LOL

Stick to drinking...it is at least legal.
  • My trick for a big night out is to alternate vodka & soda water (about 65 calories) with plain soda water (0 calories). I put a lime in both and no one else can tell the difference and truth be told, they taste similar! That way, you can appear to be keeping up, but actually be limiting your calories. Even if you skip the plain soda water drinks, 65 calories per drink is still not bad!
  • wine. both red and white are 100 cal/5oz. vodka tonic. or hard liquor with diet mixer.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Save all your calories for drinking.
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    I hear skinny b*tch margaritas are good... I believe you can get a bottle from the local grocery/liquor store if you'd like to try it before you go.

Yes, they are actually pretty good. I'm a huge tequila fan though, my family couldn't drink it because the taste of tequila is pretty strong. I usually go for a light beer or a vodka and diet. Still not the best choices, but still a little better.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    im a big fan of whiskey and diet coke. especially Jameson.
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Save all your calories for drinking.

That's a recipe for disaster! I had a friend who used to do that all the time, it wasn't pretty once she got a few drinks into her system on a completely empty stomach.
  • Embknight
    Embknight Posts: 1 Member
    Soda water and vodka...Three Olives vodkas have great flavors if you aren't a huge fan of the soda water taste. (Plus each flavor has between 60 and 70 calories per 1oz). If you're going to be pregaming and mixing your own drinks before you head out the clubs you can find diet tonic water at any grocery store, so that adds some extra flavoring without the added calories. If I were you headed to see some friends I would stick with clear liquors and diet mixers or soda water. Thet best thing to remember is the more sugary the mixed drink the more calories it holds.
  • mblanchard0625
    mblanchard0625 Posts: 74 Member
    It's Vodka and Club soda for me. With a squeeze of Lemon and Lime.
    Or you could do water with lemon flavored vodka too. Its yummy and very refreshing!

There are also some low cal beers out there that are pretty decent as well!

Enjoy your vacay!
  • I drink red wine. I metabolize it differently from hard liquor which means I get a buzz easier and can maintain it with less drinking. Find what does that for you and stick with it. Otherwise, I do malibu rum and diet coke.
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    This company called zilch has margarita packets that you can take with you. I just ask for a shot of house tequila and a glass of ice water (they give you lime with the shot) and mix them together. I drink about half of the water first because for me it waters down the taste of tequila/margarita.

The margarita mix contains 0 calories and 0 sodium and you can take it on the go :)
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    straight alcohol will get you the most bang for your buck. :)