New to my FitnessPal

Options
HI! I am 33 and a mother of 5 year old twins! When I first had my kids I was over weight and the pounds just dropped off! I was thrilled! Then I quit smoking a year ago and they reappeared! I am hoping that keeping track of everything I am doing will make a difference and I can get back to the weight I was after giving birth! I am active but LOVE food!

Replies

• enkcott
    enkcott Posts: 29
    Options
    HI! I am 33 and a mother of 5 year old twins! When I first had my kids I was over weight and the pounds just dropped off! I was thrilled! Then I quit smoking a year ago and they reappeared! I am hoping that keeping track of everything I am doing will make a difference and I can get back to the weight I was after giving birth! I am active but LOVE food!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I hear ya on the "I love food"...really good food and I LOVE to cook and entertain! I am very active as well....you will get back on track and this site is great. Goodluck and welcome!!

dd
  • visa619
    visa619 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well congratulations to you in making a step towards a healthier lifestyle. I also am a lover of food and it takes so much will power to resist eating all the foods that are dangerous!! With hard work, a lot of discipline, you'll be so thrilled with the improved you! Good luck!
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on stopping the habit!! Smoking is very unhealthy but unfortunately people tend to gain weight when they stop. Gaining a little weight does not even compare to life and health that you gained by quitting the habit of smoking. You will get back down to your weight and be more happy with yourself than ever before!!

Good luck!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the smoking and welcome to the site:flowerforyou:
  • vickiann08
    Options
    :smile: Hi I am Vicki and I am new to this website, I have a long weight loss journey ahead of me. I joined Weight watchers about 5 weeks ago. I have lost 11.5 pounds so far. I know I need to write down what I eat so I thought an online journal would be a lot easier than trying to lug around a notebook. I just wanted to say hello.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi I am Vicki and I am new to this website, I have a long weight loss journey ahead of me. I joined Weight watchers about 5 weeks ago. I have lost 11.5 pounds so far. I know I need to write down what I eat so I thought an online journal would be a lot easier than trying to lug around a notebook. I just wanted to say hello.
    Hi Vickie and Welcome:flowerforyou: I am sure this will be very helpfull and congratulations on loosing the weight.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here! Welcome and best of luck!
  • vickiann08
    Options
    Thank you so much for you support I am really glad I found this website. I have a big problem with portion size so that is what I am really trying to work on. I hope I can stay motivated and hearing sucess stories from other people really helps me. Thanks for being here!!!