Measurments

Options
When measuring your waist where do you measure?

Replies

• wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    When measuring your waist where do you measure?
  • applepie
    applepie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's where your belly button is? Could be wrong though...
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

It's a inch above your belly button...
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options

Thats where my waist gets measured when I go in for my monthly measurements.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Your waist is the place on your torso that goes in the most, which sometimes is higher than your belly button. A good way to find it is to stand in front of a mirror and bend to the side. Where you bend is your waist.
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    I've always been told it is at the smallest spot, like in a hour glass.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is to pick a spot, and always measure the same way.
  • bluebell81
    Options
    i just got fitted for my wedding dress and they measure above your belly button, basically at the smallest part of your body, which is nice!! If you are measuring to lose weight, you should probably measure at your belly button, however, which tends to be where the weight is. Don't despair though. When you hear measurements that are "average" for your height, they are almost always measuring above the belly button, at the bottom of your rib cage.
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    i just got fitted for my wedding dress and they measure above your belly button, basically at the smallest part of your body, which is nice!! If you are measuring to lose weight, you should probably measure at your belly button, however, which tends to be where the weight is. Don't despair though. When you hear measurements that are "average" for your height, they are almost always measuring above the belly button, at the bottom of your rib cage.

thank you everyone for the answers. I had measured at the smallest part of my waist along with at my belly button when I started. But never put the measurements in to myfitnesspal and since theres only one waist measurement spot on here I wasn't sure which one to put in lol. I'm going to use the smallest part of my waist one (even though I've lost more inches around my belly button lol)
    thanks everybody this is why this site is so amazing!!!!! You ask a question and get a bunch of answers in minutes!!! :):)
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I honestly measure an inch above and below the belly button. I have a mommy pounch and I like to see that it is reducing in size!! Its realy nice to see the numbers going down. When i asked a personal trainer he did say it is where I crease when I bend over.