roller derby!

Options
SkateboardFi
SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
anybody on here do it? i'm thinking of trying out...

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I was a derby girl! Its hella fun.
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a referee for our local roller derby team. Its a lot of fun, and a great way to get a lot of activity in. Where are you located? You may have a local team to contact.
  • OliveBruises
    OliveBruises Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do! I do! Plus there's a bunch of girls in my friends. Feel free to stalk us out :) And message me with any questions.
    Oh and do a roller derby search in the forums... you'll find more posts about it.
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to message me-
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    hehehe i'm really excited, i've always wanted to do it but never had the opportunity. my manager is on the team and they're having tryouts soon so she was asking if anyone was interested. i'd imagine it's an awesome workout, and would allow me to be mean on wheels..which is...SO me.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Its a great work out! your butt and legs will look amazing. Youll get bruised and knocked around but you can smash back :bigsmile:
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My friend does it, well she did until she got pregnant. I'd do it if there was a team near me but there isn't. :frown:
    I've been to a couple matches and they look like so much fun.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    Its a great work out! your butt and legs will look amazing. Youll get bruised and knocked around but you can smash back

i'm sooo stoked about that part...i started skateboarding at 21 and have fallen at high velocity on everything that is concrete or gravel, i'm pretty sure i can handle the polished roller-rink floor :laugh:
  • throttler228
    Options
    Do it! And if you can't commit all the time or have trouble pulling it together, consider joining the referee squad to work on your skills.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    DO IT!!! but be warned, it is serious business, take time,money, dedication and effort. :) It has been one of the best choices I could have made in my life.