Does anyone use wii to workout?

Options
Im getting ready to buy a wii and I know it has some workout games that you can get for it. I was wondering if anyone uses wii to workout and if you do, how is it going for you?

Replies

• Dagmarpaulo
    Options
    i have XBOX and kinect....doing zumba 5x a week.....very happy with that!!!
  • precious1834
    Options
    i do and so far lost 12 pounds its really good when u want to do carido...i usually do a hour on the boxing because it makes u sweat and burn cals
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba on the Wii! Love it! I only do it about once a week but it's a great workout. I also asked for Just Dance for Christmas so we'll see if I get it. I have the wii fit board but really don't use it much.
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just started using our wii to workout(we have only had it a few weeks) and the only game i have right now is the wii fit plus and i did it sunday and it was fun i really had fun doing the hula hoop game and yesterday my stomach, thigh and booty were a little sore from using it so it must be doing something good for me :) I plan on renting a few games just to see what works or i like best.
  • xolifehousexo
    Options
    I have the Jillian Michaels work out for Wii I love it, I have lost 13 lbs so far.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit and I also have EA Active.
    I Kind of hate Wii fit, it tells you are obese and each time you want to do something you have to pick it out.
    I like EA Active because you select the amount of time you want to work out and what area u want to work out then it goes through them and its continuous though i find it really favors leg work outs and by the end my thighs are shaking.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    We have a Wii and both Wii Fit discs, and I also have a Gold's Gym game too. I use it from time to time, not too often for a serious workout; it does provide a nice change of pace though.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I think the temptation with a wii is just to go through the motions instead of going "all out." The computer / game will never know the difference. My brother can sit on the couch and barely move and still get super-high scores on some games (drives me nuts!). But if you're going to use it for exercise & weight loss, you have to push yourself to throw those punches or swing that tennis racket like you really mean it! Even when you get tired! So if you're a self-motivated person, or if you really enjoy what you're doing (I LOVE the Just Dance games!), then the wii is a good choice for you. But if you're the type of person who needs an instructor or trainer yelling at you to keep it up, the wii probably won't do it for ya.
  • debswebby
    Options
    I use the Wii and have just got Exerbeat which is fantastic.
  • Tams1408
    Options
    I use the WII Fit Plus with the balance board. I love it. I do step aerobics, and hula hoop and yoga. It has helped me lose some of the weight that I have lost.
  • abouttobehappy
    Options
    Hi, I use the wii and love it. They have a zumba work out game that is fun to do. Good luck with it:) Iam new to this page so add me as a friend if u have anymore Q.
  • SheilaKim1
    SheilaKim1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've just started to, its good fun, and you can do it whenever you have time. Its great that you can do it in the privacy of your own home.
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Thanks! You guys really have me motivated to see how working out using the wii goes. From what it sounds like, I think I will enjoy it.