No Period??

Options

Replies

• ratcuddler
    Options
    I'd be more worried if I STARTED having a period than if you stopped having one... But is your calorie intake for the day at a healthy level?

Just to be curious why would you be worried? I have no had a regular period EVER. It is usually years apart. Since I have started eating better and exercising, the last 4 months I have had a period regular, like clock work. I'm not sure if it's soething I should be worried about or not.

...because, he's a dude. As in, male. Guys that get a period should be VERY concerned... lol!! :bigsmile:

Wow that was a blonde moment on my part. Haha
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? That's one of the first thing that goes when your body thinks it's starving. Cortisol (stress hormone) and estrogen (female hormone) "talk" to each other through the hippocampus (a part of your brain). When your body is really stressed (from working out too hard or not eating enough) it sends out cortisol which in turn stifles estrogen levels. Make sure you're netting at least 1200 a day!
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My net calories are anywhere from 800 and some up to 1,500 or more. Will those days it's 800 and some mess it up?
  • orhstay87
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. 3 weeks late, 3 negative tests. I'm not too worried about it yet. If I miss another I'll get worried.

If you're really worried, you should just ask your doctor what it could be and have him run some tests.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    Options
    It must be the diet or stress. I really looks like I'm not the only one having this problem. If it doesn't come this time I'm going to check with my doctor.
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    happens to me as well! I think its the exercising... when i up my exercise i dont get my period for a month or two and then TA DA! it was back and FULL FORCE! It could also be stress. Check with your doctor if your worried
  • CaitlinMyers428
    Options
    I have been exercising every week for about 3 months now.
    Thank you guys! :)
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    For me it's more related to nutrition than my weight.

I generally lose it when I drop below about 800 calories a day for more than a month.
    I always lose it if my BMI goes below 20 which really isn't low but for some reason my body doesn't like being there.

So, check your nutrition, you don't ave to be underweight or starving yourself for your body to rebel.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Def. see a doctor if you don't get it in the next month. I stopped getting periods when I first started watching my food intake and started becoming active at the age of 17. It turns out that I have POF = Premature Ovarian Failure.

i have never met anyone else with pof! wow! i usually just say i went thru menopause at the age of 27 because people can understand that. are you on a hormone replacement therapy?
  • CaitlinMyers428
    Options
    My BMI is 26.0 right now.
    I've never had this problem before. So I'm assuming it's exercise and stress now that I'm worrying about it more.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    When you all of a sudden make changes to your body, your cycle will change too to adjust to your body.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    This happens when you have a dramatic change in diet and/or nutrition.

As long as you get it next month and you know that you're not pregnant, you'll be fine.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    Options
    Okay. :) I just don't want it to be anything bad. And this is the best I've ate and exercised since like 7th grade. Lol.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My net calories are anywhere from 800 and some up to 1,500 or more. Will those days it's 800 and some mess it up?
    Yes.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    Options
    It's rarely ever under 1,200 but I will try to keep it there.

I've been cramping some today so maybe it will show up.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    Options
    Thank you for all your responses. :))
    It just came this morning.
  • allisonj87
    allisonj87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would definately say that you should go see your doc.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I searched for this topic for the exact same reason! I'd always thought it was a 'significant loss' [of weight] that affected them. Good to read its not always the case. :) Mines only a bit late so far, but when you want to plan around it, it's a bit of a bother not knowing when/if it will start.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    Options
    I guess changing your eating habits and exercising can cause it to not come. I only missed one month. It came this time.
    I hope yours shows up soon!
  • Luckiestmomever
    Luckiestmomever Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I searched this topic since mine is late as well. In 15 years I have never been late! lol But in 2 months I have lost 25 pounds and I guess it's thrown my hormones out of whack. Not preggers thank goodness, so I guess the waiting game begins.