Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

subway salad bowl healthy??

I keep reading people saying that subway aren't healthy but what about their salad bowls?

I always have the turkey or chicken with all the veg and no dressing does that count as unhealthy?

Replies

• It's just what you put on it, and i think they say it's bad because I've heard that their meat is full of sodium. But if you're avoiding the dressing, I'm sure it's fine.
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member
    Just check Subway's nutritional info on their website - you can build your own meal and it will tell you the nutritional information. Typically the sodium is ridiculous.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    The subway salad bowl is on the database on here hun.
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Even the bread is loaded with high fructose corn syrup, which is something we should definitely avoid whenever possible. If you can find a local sandwich shop with "real bread," give that a try instead.

Edit: I see now that you were talking about the salad bowl - which I assume doesn't involve bread. :)
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    There's nothing wrong with subway in general its just all the added ingredients they provide that people CHOOSE to add to their sandwich that make them calorie kings. If you stick to a basic 6 inch sandwich with something like turkey breast or chicken breast and decide not to add on a bunch of garbage dressings I don't see whats "unhealthy" about it.
  • There's alot worse that you could eat. I think now and again if you need something on the go then they are fine.

Wherever you eat processed meat it's going to be full of salt. Just go easy on the dressings.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Your body needs some sodium... Large amounts are not good for you but some is not...
    I usually get the salad bowl with chicken. Its filling and pretty tasty!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    How do you do salad with no dressing? LOL I need something...even if its a trace amount.

Anyways....I actually don't worry about sodium too much....I consider Subway salads healthy if you choose the right thing.

Heck, I pack my own lunches 99% of the time and use a deli turkey for my sandwich, so what the difference?

In my opinion, if you did it once a week, like I do (Fridays are usually my eat out day) then it shouldnt be too detrimental!

No one around my work has salads that you can pile veggies on like Subway. I wouldn't touch McD or BK's salads with a ten foot pole!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    If you get the chicken breast the sodium level is way normal. But I find their salads extremely skimpy. Even asking for spinach and more veggies to try to bulk it up it never felt like more than an appetizer for me. And at over $7 after adding a small unsweetened iced tea I just don't find it worth it. I'd rather take the sodium hit getting a McDonald's or Jack in the Box grilled chicken salad because I find them both much more filling and tastier as well.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    thank you for posting this thread. I had noooo idea that the bread (and a couple other things) had the HFCS in it!! And here I thought my whole wheat subway bread was healthy...
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Just check Subway's nutritional info on their website - you can build your own meal and it will tell you the nutritional information. Typically the sodium is ridiculous.

^^this