i have a tin of lentils..ideas?

Options
I've got some lentils in the cupboard and was just wondering how i can use them for lunch tomorrow. I also have loads of other nice superfoods to go with them if necessary!

Anyone got any ideas on how best to have them?

Replies

• Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I like lentils cooked in beef broth with some cloves thrown in ( take them out when you eat thou!)
  • msjamartin
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has a great recipe for chicken lentil soup. I've made it and it is wonderful.
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    mmmm... do you like brown rice?? 1c brown rice, 1c lentils, 2c broth, bake in over 350 for 40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. I LOVE to eat it plain like that. I think it was meant to be a cold salad with an italian like dressing, but i love it like that and you could stuff a pepper with it or wrap it in a tortilla.... it is from the clean eating recharged book..you could probably google the full recipe :)
  • alib510
    alib510 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    curried lentil dahl? haven't got the recipe but my mum makes it and it's delicious. its from the f2 cook book, if you wanted to try to google it?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I usually just throw lentils into whatever I'm making - soup, chilli, salads, smoothies....only kidding about the smoothies...kind of. lol

Maybe mix with some quinoa and have on top of salad? I went through a phase of heating up lentils and salsa together and serving them over salad with a little bit of cheese and some baked tortilla chips - like a taco in a salad!!

Lentil burgers?
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Add ginger root, cardamom, garlic, musterd seeds, 2 cloves, a pepper, black pepper, some butter and salt, serve with fresh cilantro.
    This is an indian dish called dal, you can make dahl with whatever herbs you have.

An alternative would be to just add some finely chopped tomatoes.
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    mmmm... do you like brown rice?? 1c brown rice, 1c lentils, 2c broth, bake in over 350 for 40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. I LOVE to eat it plain like that. I think it was meant to be a cold salad with an italian like dressing, but i love it like that and you could stuff a pepper with it or wrap it in a tortilla.... it is from the clean eating recharged book..you could probably google the full recipe :)

This sounds really good!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas so far! Quite like the idea of having them with rice but i think that might make them too carby?