Mon Avie

Options
Has anyone heard about this newest fad? A friend of mine started selling it and is trying to get me to sign up. Normally I would but I have finally come to the conclusion that most fad diets and weight loss systems are not anything except for a crutch and the moment you get off of them, you end up gaining everything back. But it's hard because this sounds so easy to get sucked into...What do you think?

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think you answered your own question, especially when you said "fad."
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    ummm, sugar, sugar, sugar....I tried it and it made my blood sugar crash and I got a headache. I think I felt a sugar rush for about 10 minutes though LOL.

and don't you love that they market it in a wine bottle....LOL
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience with that company and I know it is a "cocktail". I do have a safe appetite suppressant supplement that I take. I say supplement and I am able to offer samples before people purchase. You will also see that I do work out, I do track. I have tons of before and after photos on my facebook page.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Very high carb and high on the glycemic index.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The product has Acai in it which is good for you. However you can get acai much cheaper other ways. It was about $40.00 per bottle so most folks cannot afford to use it...It also is a network marketing sales..Been around a while... I own a tax office and no -one has been in my office making a lot of money on it as yet...
  • Anita1271
    Options
    I tried it for a short time, my sister in-law sold it, so I got samples. And I didn't see or feel any difference. They make it sound good, but don't fall for it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    found this: http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/monavie-scam/

and, this is really nothing new.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Remember, it is people looking for quick fixes. Tried and true is stick to your calories and exercise. That's it, not secrets, just determination and the will to win.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I think you answered your own question, especially when you said "fad."

I gotta agree with this one! The thing is with supplements and stuff like that, is that it doesn't correct the poor eating habits that led to weight gain in the first place. The best thing you can do is keep working hard. There's no easy way out. :) Love ya!
  • NB_Eric
    Options
    This made the rounds in my area too. Don't be fooled this is nothing more than a pyramid scheme or as they call it 'multi level marketing'. It's fruit juice yes the acai berry is good for you but not at the ridiculous price this scheme sells it at
  • beccafreak
    Options
    Thanks so much you guys! I love that link by the way and after reading it and a bunch of the comments I will be passing it along to my friend. It sounds like such a perfect thing but when something sounds too good to be true, I guess it really is. Thank you again!