Zumba or Just Dance for Wii?

Options
Has anyone tried either one? If you have do you like them? Which one would you recommend? And have you actually lost weight from it?!

Replies

• Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I did just dance 2 for month straight along with other exercises and a lose some weight.
    What I noticed for me was that the more I did the dances, the easier they got, and the less calories I burned.
    Hope that helps.
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba for Wii and did not like it as much as I do the Zumba dvds Those are pretty awesome. Just Dance has a lot of great music but it stops between songs. So for regular exercise I like Zumba best. But they are all a lot of fun.

Wii Walk It Out is amazing if you like to walk!
  • Thanks!
  • KarliMS
    Options
    Zumba all the way! You burn a GREAT amount of calories and to me it is more fun! You will see results pretty quick, too!
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've done both, and love them. Zumba makes you work harder though, but I prefer taking an actual class than doing it on the wii.
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have both of them. I got the Zumba first. The Just Dance is boring compared to Zumba. I haven't done Just Dance but a couple of times.
  • dianhathaway
    Options
    Zumba is really fun. It has an intense energy and you sweat quite a bit in the beginning. i"m not sure how much weight I'm losing by doing it as I'm really active anyway, but it is by far the most enjoyable exercise.

Good luck!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Just Dance! :D
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    I love Zumba! Every Instructor is different though and some are more intense than others. I suggest Zumba and give it everything u got to burn the most calories :) Good luck and have fun!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba, don't really care for it
  • theaquallama
    Options
    I do Just Dance 3 5 days a week for an hour each day and my HRM says I'm burning about 1000 calories a day. It's a really fun way to lose weight, the hour just flies by. I find that I burn more calories once I get to know the dances because then I can mimic every move and since they move their entire body and not just the arms that I burn more calories this way.
  • hoosiermama75
    Options
    I LOVE just dance 3 - it's so fun it barely feels like a workout and i can do it with my kids. I wear a bodymedia fit (trying to sell it on ebay now since I can do MFP for free) but I can tell ya it burns a LOT of calories!!

Never tried zumba for wii.
  • melbaby925
    Options
    Hated Zumba for the Wii! If you're going to do dancing at the wii, do either Just Dance or Dance Dance Revolution. But I got Zumba for the Wii and it was hate at first try.

Go for Zumba classes live or a different Zumba DVD series.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I have them both . . and love both of them for different reasons. . When my daughter is home she likes to do JD2 with me and compete which motivates me to push harder. . She doesn't like to do the Zumba though, so that is my workout. . Love it though. . so much fun and the more you do it . . the better you will get at it. . Both fabulous calorie burns. . Zumba has a site where you can calculate the calories for it. . I choose to use my HRM for both. . Hope this helps.:bigsmile:
  • gleechick609
    Options
    My sister raves about Zumba for Wii! And she also likes Just Dance lol. I think you get more of a workout from Zumba!
  • goodmonster
    Options
    I adore Zumba- at my gym it's available twice a week and I always try to go. I love that I can go and try my best; it makes it hilarious when I can't get the steps correct and just end up jumping around shaking my booty.

I haven't tried the Just Dance for Wii but I have tried some fun things on the PS3 Kinect- THAT is fun and I was sore the next day, even after just playing Fruit Ninja! We also played with the Adventure games where you jumped, ran in place, boxed, lots of fun! The Just Dance for Kinect looks like a lot of fun as well =)

I mean as long as you're moving...that's what counts right?:happy:
  • I bought Zumba!!!
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Which Zumba did you buy?