Has anyone ever done/heard of the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet????

Options
Heres two links that talk about the diet:

http://www.topfatlosstrainer.com/2010/03/10/xtreme-fat-loss-diet/
http://www.worldofdiets.com/xtreme-fat-loss-diet-review/

Its a diet that you eat healthy for 5 days, then have a cheat day on the 6th day, followed by a fast day the 7th day & repeat.

I was just wondering about this & would love to hear from anyone if they've done this or know anyone that has. I recently lost 50lbs but did it an unhealthy way(followed some crazy starvation diet) & I want to try something different now. I started my workout schedule yesterday and was trying to find a diet that would work for me. So far I been eating very clean & healthy but it seems to be taking forever & if doing a cheat day followed by a fast day would help then I'm all for it. BUT just wanted to hear some input first :)

Any input would be great! Thanks!!!

Replies

• ohthelawd
    ohthelawd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've never "officially" followed that diet, but I think I kind of do it by default. I'm healthy M-F, splurge on Saturday, and then feel guilty and don't eat much on Sunday...lol. I had no idea it was considered an actual diet, though.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    You lost 50lbs in an unhealthy way so now THIS is the option you're exploring? :huh: Have you ever considered just eating whatever you what at a calorie deficit?
  • hoosiermama75
    Options
    It actually sounds interesting to me and like something I could really live with long-term, I'm going to check it out further when I have a bit more time!!!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    I have heardof it. Dr. Oz had a show about it. However, his did not have a fast included, his suggested you alternate days between high carbs to low carbs (ie. high protein day). and the cheat day was more of a cheat meal.
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it but there are no short cuts and fad diets don't work. They might take 25 lbs off in 25 days but you will put it back on as fast as it came off once you start eating again. Most everyone here, is on a lifelong journey of healthy eating, counting calories and good ol fashioned exercise! I wish you the best of luck reaching your goals though.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I kind of accidentally do this sometimes. lol

I think arbitrary rules about "this day you do this and the next day you do that" are bogus. It's just games to make you feel like you're accomplishing something. Like going to the doctor when you have a cold. You know he's going to tell you to rest and get plenty of fluid but unless you're taking some kind of pill and paying $180 for professional advice it doesn't feel real. Just do it the easy way. Stick to average net calories. Simple. :)
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Sounds a lot like zig zagging calories to me...
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I've been on the extreme fat loss diet my whole life! Just kidding everyone... it feels that way, that's all.
  • BeautyisBeingU
    BeautyisBeingU Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great reply

I have never heard of it but there are no short cuts and fad diets don't work. They might take 25 lbs off in 25 days but you will put it back on as fast as it came off once you start eating again. Most everyone here, is on a lifelong journey of healthy eating, counting calories and good ol fashioned exercise! I wish you the best of luck reaching your goals though.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    I think you should worry less about trying to drop your weight fast and more about trying to be healthy. If you work on changing your lifestyle and your eating habits/exercise routine you will lose weight and learn healthy habits that will stick with you for life. You will be able to keep the weight off instead of gaining it back when you stop "dieting". A lot of people follow different rules for losing weight and different things work for different people. I think you should pick something that you are going to be able to maintain for the rest of your life, with the only difference being you are eating less while losing weight.