Sexy for Summer 2012 - Week 2 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• NicolioRussell
    Options
    Just checking in..

Julie
    SW: 226
    CW: 224 (2lbs)

I'm happy that I exceeded my number of days exercising! Only planned to exercise 4 days last week and did 5. I'm going to take a break on it today because work kicked my butt. Lol I didn't get veggies in for breakfast, but did for lunch and dinner. Congrats on everyone's weight loss this week, great job! :flowerforyou:

Julie how did you do on on the mileage/water challenges???
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Signed up for my first 5k, with my husband!!

Taking donations and team members if you are in the Columbus, OH area (donations can come from anywhere :-P )

http://www.jinglebellruncolumbus.kintera.org/russellchamps
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Crystal

weight today was 199
    NSV - a guy whistled at me today
    got my water in every day and made the miles

eating veggies at breakfast was intresting but will keep at it.
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry, forgot about the water and miles.. I missed one day of drinking 10 oz of water, but for the miles I got in 11, yay! :)
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I'm like super tired.. just read what I sent and I missed the 10 glasses of water one day, the other days I did that or more. Sorry to make this so confusing... I think I'm going to bed super early tonite. Lol
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I didn't join until the end of the week last week so no real check in. Weigh in today: 173.8

NSV: I bought new pants (size 10- a size smaller than I've been wearing) and they not only fit and looked good but they were comfortable too!! YAY!
    1 IL: I love that I'm starting to see definition in my arms- muscles are hot!!

As for why I finally committed to losing weight- I was visiting my sister-in-law on vacation this summer and she invited me to go to the gym with her. I knew I had gotten chunky so I decided to weigh myself after our workout. When the scale said 192 (I'm 5'2"!!) I almost cried. That is the heaviest I have EVER been when I wasn't pregnant. As a matter of fact that's almost the weight I was when I delivered both of my daughters. Then I saw a picture of myself and my husband (taken the next day) and just decided I didn't want to be that person anymore. I don't want to hide from cameras (from the whole 2-week trip and over 400 pictures taken there are only 3 with me in them). I want to be comfortable in my own body and I want to be healthy as an example for my little girls. I have a big frame; I'll never be super model skinny. I've accepted that and it doesn't bother me (most of the time). I just want to be strong and healthy. I don't want to be "skinny fat" but I really don't want to be fat anymore. What does that show my girls? They are beautiful, intelligent, loving, and happy girls, but I've noticed that my 9 year-old doesn't want to get undressed in dressing rooms at the store because she said that her belly is too fat. All I can think is- my God, did I do that?
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oops. Forgot my name: Jessica :happy:
  • phatdiva26
    Options
    Check In

Name: Ashely Sutton

Last weigh in: 302 lbs
    Weigh in today: 297 lbs
    total lbs lost this week: 5 lbs

NSV: taking my fall/winter clothes out of storage and finding that they fit better than they did last fall/winter...which has my wondering...were they too small and I squeezed into them anyway:ohwell: and the other NSV is the way my body reacted to the candy I had today...i totally rejected the candy:noway: I felt bad until my body decided I had learned my lesson:smile: My relationship with food is slowly but surely evolving in to a healthy one and I LOVE IT!!!:love:

My love for this week is my waist! It is going down baby!! woohoo!

I just joined the group thus I dont not have any check ins to report for the challenges from last week:sad: but im okay with that
  • dshaw777
    Options
    Checking in - Lost 4 lbs this week. Total of 4 miles walked and 2 hours on the treadmill... WOOOHOO.. off to a good start. Now i just have to be sure to do my diary everyday.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Great job ladies!!!

Remember, even if it's not a huge loss, every little bit counts. This is a long-term (7 month) challenge, so there will be good weeks, and maybe not so good weeks. That's what we are all here for....support!

I will be posting the spreadsheet from last week tomorrow. A weekly winner will be announced. Monthly winners will receive special recognition.

It will be harder to win points for weight loss (1 point for every 5 pounds - cumulative - lost), so make sure you are doing the week's challenges! It's the easiest way to win and rack up points for monthly totals.

I'm doing well after day one of week 2. Had veggies at every meal last night, and burned 325 calories. Well on my way :-)
  • tracas
    tracas Posts: 12
    Options
    Checking in!

Tracy
    I had veggies in every meal yesterday besides breakfast!
    So far today no breakfast (shame on me i know) But I have veggies planned into both my other meals along with my walking!
    Also I had 8 glasses of water yesterday and am at 6 so far for today!
    Burned 206 calories yesterday doing 30day shred!
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Check In

Name: Ashely Sutton

Last weigh in: 302 lbs
    Weigh in today: 297 lbs
    total lbs lost this week: 5 lbs

NSV: taking my fall/winter clothes out of storage and finding that they fit better than they did last fall/winter...which has my wondering...were they too small and I squeezed into them anyway:ohwell: and the other NSV is the way my body reacted to the candy I had today...i totally rejected the candy:noway: I felt bad until my body decided I had learned my lesson:smile: My relationship with food is slowly but surely evolving in to a healthy one and I LOVE IT!!!:love:

My love for this week is my waist! It is going down baby!! woohoo!

I just joined the group thus I dont not have any check ins to report for the challenges from last week:sad: but im okay with that

Great Job Ashley, keep going...5 lbs lost, looking and feeling better, and rejecting candy...all in the same week, those are some big accomplishment.:flowerforyou:
  • TSTagain
    Options
    So far i am doing well on this week's challenge, except I can't seem to get veggies at breakfast - lunch and dinner, i have salads with whatever I am eating but I can't seem to get it into breakfast. Any suggestions?

I am going to make a spinach and feta cheese fritata tonight, so I can have that tomorrow.
  • TSTagain
    Options
    How did everyone survive Halloween?

I had 7 snack size chocolate bars:ohwell: ; i had to go on the elliptical after trick or treating just to cover the extra calories, was way over my sugar goal.
  • ready4achange1
    Options
    Weigh In - Sorry missed yesterday's didn't work and with Halloween

Starting Weigh: 305
    Weigh in: 301 - Lost 4 lbs.

NSV is I was able to pull my pants up without jumping into them today :flowerforyou:

Final motivator for me was so sick of being stuck in this body. My knees and back are starting to hurt and I find myself not being able to keep up with my kids.

Honestly, I don't love anything about my body.... in time I will get there.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    So far i am doing well on this week's challenge, except I can't seem to get veggies at breakfast - lunch and dinner, i have salads with whatever I am eating but I can't seem to get it into breakfast. Any suggestions?

I am going to make a spinach and feta cheese fritata tonight, so I can have that tomorrow.

I think the best way to add veggies to breakfast is by doing a scramble or an omelet with green and yellow peppers, and maybe onions, too.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to post yesterday! I was in LaLa Land.

CW: 155

Didn't lose, but I didn't gain! Ate a lot this weekend, so I'm happy.

I did my 10 miles last week and drank all my water!

NSV: I was able to wear my Halloween costume with ease. I wasn't all covered up like I usually am.

Hull-beach-running.jpg
  • 8dozendiets
    Options
    I'm so sorry, I've been sick with a cold and trying to do a report for school so I forgot to check this board.

I apologize.

I forced myself to do 3 miles today.
  • michellelay
    Options
    I feel that I am doing well this week. I did not have any candy for Halloween. This was hard for me but I am proud of myself.

I have been able to eat veggies for every meal. My most difficult meal to add veggies into is breakfast. I think I am going to cut up veggies so I can have them ready in my fridge. Breakfast is a crazy time around my house!

So far, not counting today, my calorie burn for the week is 395.
  • ready4achange1
    Options
    Burned 225 last night.... working my way towards 2000... Hope everyone is having a great day with good choices!!!