Working out at home

Options
I need some good ideas for easy 30-45 min workouts at home with little room and equipment requirements. I have some small hand weights and a jump rope, but that is about it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi. I lik doing Jillian Michaels dvds. A lot of member here have done 30 Days Shred, Ripped in 30...which are both 20-30 min...less room needed, and also needs hand weights. I use her No More Trouble Zones dvd...about 45-50 min...less room needed and also uses hand weights. Good luck
  • CathVan
    CathVan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone "Walk away the Pounds" dvd's are really good too.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Loads u can do, be inventive! Jump rope is great, use it. Hand weights ideal too. Squats, bent over rows, shoulder press, tricep extensions, bicep curls etc etc all do-able with hand weights. Could you get a kettle bell workout DVD and some kettle bells? Or if u have space, a punch bag?
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    BODYROCK.TV, free intense workouts. She uses some equipment but gives variations on the workouts for people who do not have equipment.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    see my workout blog below for ideas on things to do in and around your residence with little or no equipment.
  • nmclaurin
    Options
    INSANITY by BEACHBODY.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    Dvd's are great. Plus, when I need a good change up, I make up my own 30 minute circuit. Going up and down the stairs, jumping jacks, stair or wall pushups, squats, burpees, lunges etc...then back to the stairs starting it all over again. It's fun, and gets the heart pumping...also helps one get out of a plateau!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Any of the Beachbody workouts! Most of them require no equipment and are usually no longer than 45 minutes. Except for P90X, they are a bit long and do require things like pull-up bars.....
  • JennATC
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Slim In 6 by Beach Body is great. Uses weights and resistance bands. Its a great starter workout for beginners and advance users.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I literally just got done doing WATP 3 mi weight loss walk. I would suggest going to your local library and/ or netflix renting a few. Sort of a try before you buy. Just because what if you buy 3 or 4 @ $15 bucks a pop and hate them??? That's money wasted. I've been a Leslie fan for years.....you may feel about her how I do Denise Austin that she needs to go somewhere and set down!!!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser 30 day jump start week 3 and 4 on the DVD; Turbo Fire. ...and have you checked out Neflix? They have tons of DVD's as well
  • branflake5
    Options
    u can find a lot of different workouts on youtube. check them out and see what u like. i do zumba videos from youtube lots of fun and free:)
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options

I literally just got done doing WATP 3 mi weight loss walk. I would suggest going to your local library and/ or netflix renting a few. Sort of a try before you buy. Just because what if you buy 3 or 4 @ $15 bucks a pop and hate them??? That's money wasted. I've been a Leslie fan for years.....you may feel about her how I do Denise Austin that she needs to go somewhere and set down!!!

i will check out netflix. thanks for the idea.
  • Oliverswife
    Options
    I work out a lot with Exercise TV on Infinity On Demand.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I workout at home mostly!
    I enjoy doing Dancing With The Stars, *****cat Dolls Dancer's Body Workout, Dancercise.
    I also do the 30 day shred. It is nice. They are quick and smile on the three I listed above, you can pick one dance routine to do, they normally last about 15-40 minutes depending on what and how much you do :)
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    move that couch and coffee table and dance your butt off :)

30miin burns 248 cal.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    For those of you using Netflix.....do you have to have a special membership to access the workout videos?