Energy

Options
I have had trouble with my energy level lately. I sleep close to 7hrs every night. I noticed this morning on my way to work I could not keep my eyes opened even though I had previously been working out. I have been really tired all day long. I was wondering if anyone had anything that works for them short of drinking those awful energy drinks. I have looked on line, but just wanted some input of what works for you I could really use a boost.

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I have had trouble with my energy level lately. I sleep close to 7hrs every night. I noticed this morning on my way to work I could not keep my eyes opened even though I had previously been working out. I have been really tired all day long. I was wondering if anyone had anything that works for them short of drinking those awful energy drinks. I have looked on line, but just wanted some input of what works for you I could really use a boost.
    I like diet Pepsi. 44 ounces from the soda fountain. Not after 1 o'clock though, then I have trouble sleeping.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough! You may be underfeeeding yourself, causing fatigue. Dehydration can cause it too, so drink plenty of water.
  • molmcgee
    molmcgee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Green tea works for me. I like the green tea bags from Costco because there is green tea leaf and a bit of matcha green tea powder in there. They perk me right up, but I don't get edgy.
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes drink those pink rockstars with the straw they only have 10cals and no sugar. There are some other sugar free and cal free energy drinks in a silver can that are good but I can't remember the name.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    A breakfast with carbs from a good healthy bread and protein goes a long way with me. Green tea is also helpful.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have the same problem sometimes.

Depending on how long you have been working out/running for, you might want to consider taking a 1 week break from training.
    Keep the diet on though (or increase diet and keep exercise going - even just for a week, it might work better for you).

Otherwise, I have developed a taste for double espressos. Only thing that keeps me awake during those period of low energy.

Taking a 1 week break away from exercise usually does it for me though.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options

Have you been checked for diabetes or anemia?
  • kimberlyawagner
    Options
    I have been having the exact same problem! I don't drink caffeine, but I found Emergen-C packets. They are high vitamin C and B vitamins, along with a lot of other vitamins and minerals. I drank one today while waiting for my son at school (because I almost fell asleep in the car!), and by the time I got home I was fine! Give them a try :o)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Dont listen to the previous fools.

What you may be experiencing is a Vitamin deficiency. If it has been a constant feeling for over a week, go see the doc and get a simple blood panel. In the time being try 1500-2500mcg of B12. That will give you some good energy. Its the hidden secret in the energy drinks...

But again...look into the deficiency.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'd have your doctor check your thyroid levels, blood sugar levels, and vitamin B and D levels just in case those could be the issue and then if those aren't the problem adjust your diet. I get the same exact way. I always feel better though when I eat higher protein snacks and breakfasts and eat about 5 to 6 times a day. I also take a vitamin D supplement in the winter when there's almost no sun and a b-complex for extra help. If nothing else I also tend to lean on those 5 hour energy shot things. Not the best option but they do give me the little pick me up I need without having to drink coffee (which my tummy's not a big fan of). good luck!