Anyone have a good protein bar they'd recommend??

Options
Subject line says it all - LOL Suggestions anyone!!

Replies

• branflake5
    Options
    zone perfect - dark chocolate caramel pecan yum!
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Power Crunch bars - they are light (like wafers), and do not sit like lead in your stomach. My favorite flavors are French Vanilla, Wild Berry Creme and Peanut Butter Creme. They have 14g of protein in them.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Power Crunch bars - they are light (like wafers), and do not sit like lead in your stomach. My favorite flavors are French Vanilla, Wild Berry Creme and Peanut Butter Creme. They have 14g of protein in them.
  • karicorona
    Options
    I don't do protein bars...but I do Visalus shakes before and after I work out....:)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I love the Luna Protein bars in cookie dough. Super yummy!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I do like think thin bars occasionally.

Be careful though! Most are packed with sugar or artificial sugars. I like protein powders better for this reason. And I have found some absolutely delicious flavors!
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I work nights. I find the Kashi Go Lean Chocolate Turtle bar is not only tasty, but takes a while to eat/chew and has 'staying' power. $1.75/bar, can buy in 4 pack. Good luck :smile:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Pure protein bars......YUM!!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Pure protein bars! Love the peanut butter chocolate and the chocolate chip kind
  • kimmay420
    Options
    I **LOVE** Quest bars. NO chemicals or processed crap in them that I can't pronounce. Low carb as well. They are a little on the pricey side, but you can't put a price on health! (: (plus if you warm them in the microwave, they taste like a VERY naughty treat ;)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You get more out of protein shakes but for protein bars - I like Pure Protein.

Whatever you do look for less than 200 calories and 17 grams or more of protein. Watch the Fat and Sugar levels as well.

More calories and less protein is not worth it! Get the most bang for your buck!!!!

Best of Luck!!
  • slbeutler
    Options
    I like the p90x bars the best. They have 20 grams of protein and no sugar alcohols, which I have found other bars have and cause me a lot of stomach pain and bloating. They are pretty big and filling, so I eat half at a time and they end up costing me a little over a dollar a bar.
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Luna bars!! Yum. My favorite is the white chocolate macadamia nut
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options

me too! my favorite kind are the power crunch bars. the peanut butter one is to die for. yum :)
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Think thin, but only the crunchy peanut butter flavour. I like BSc and Aussie Bodies a lot as well, they are Australian brands, not sure how much they are distributed internationally (they both make killer cookies and cream flavours!)

And I have thought about doing shakes and not bars, but the problem is I am not sure that a shake would give me the same satiety as a bar does - drinks generally don't fill you up. And I do a lot of eating for satiety - ie, if I am hungry, I will eat until I am not hungry anymore (especially just before bed - I will not go to bed hungry) so I need to find filling food choices to keep the cals low.
  • Mary1757
    Options
    Special K
  • loisann221
    Options
    There's a recipe in this month's Women's Health that I made. It was pretty yummy~
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I like Health Wise Caramel Crunch Bars (15g protein/160 calories & taste like a candy bar) or Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (20g protein/200 calories).
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wonderslim bars from Diet Direct...the variety pack is excellent so you can try different flavors. the cookie dough is excellent, peanut butter chocolate good too...all are good and not chalky. 12 g. protein, low carbs..
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein smores!