Does anyone recommend a good pair of running shoes?

Options
I do alot of long distance running and lots of stairs and usually outside on rough terrain. I have knee problems as well as hip problems. Does anyone recommend a good running shoe with excellent support? its time to buy a new pair and I wanted some ideas!

Replies

• sarahtroupe
    Options
    Reebok Zigs:)
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    everyone needs different ones. I suggest going to a runnig store and being fitted for you specific needs
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel-Kayano 17 are what most runners I know use
  • lotuslion
    Options
    Echoing afcavegirl2002 - go to a running store and be fitted. By "running store", I mean a running speciality store, not Sports Authority. :) It's less about the brand of shoe and more about the fit for you.

ETA: LOL I can't post the name of another sporting goods store that starts with D, because it's censored.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    everyone needs different ones. I suggest going to a running store and being fitted for you specific needs

This!

Everyone is different, and needs a different shoe. Good luck!
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is to go to a shoe store that specializes in running shoes and they can fit you in a pair because what is the best shoe for one person could be the worst shoe for you. I personally love Brooks I am on my second pair and I feel like I can put more miles on them than the standard 300-500 my first pair was the ghost and my second pair is the glycerin 8 which I love but, again that might not be what will work for you.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    as stated. Get fitted and expect to pay $100 or so.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    everyone needs different ones. I suggest going to a runnig store and being fitted for you specific needs

^^this

I use Mizuno Wave Riders or Asics Gel Cumulus, but I have very specific needs because I wear orthotics and have narrow feet. A running shop is by far your best bet.
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel-Kayano 17 are what most runners I know use
    Kayanos are not for trail though. It sounds like you want a trail running shoe?
  • Kellley
    Options
    yes thats what i was going to do but instead of paying such big money when i switch them out every few months i figured id ask =)
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to a running store... In AZ I went to RoadRunner and my brother said he went there too, in California. Both of us agree that it made a world of a difference. Each person is different.... And the good thing is that you may be able to test them out for 30 to 90 days to see if you like them. If not, return them.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love the reebok easy flex I think it's called... it's the base of the reebok zigs (or zags?)

Super bendy & awesome but like poster above said... should really go to a good running store like "The Running Room" where they *kitten* your gait & junk like that which will help with future injuries. Hey if you're gonna spend the money you might as well do it there :)
  • BatedBreath84
    Options
    Do they make you run in front of them? OMG I would be sooo embarrassed LOL! Yeah I need a pair of running shoes too, I am just getting started on my fitness routine. I have really bad support in my knees so I'm a jogger and can't run. I wonder how much those Zigs or Zags are, but I guess if you just get one pair and they last a while then they're totally worth it :)