what are your goals?

Options
ok so my ultimate goal is to be 145 hopefully by the summer/fall of 2012 (september 25th to be exact .. its my daughter's birthday) does that seem realistic?

i weigh 201 at the moment (give or take a few depending on how much water i've had to drink lol) and i am 5'5 and a half... i have a medium frame according to the charts, but i would say i'm fairly muscular (always have been)

what are your goals? anyone out there have any advice :)?

Replies

• DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    start with small goals, looking to next summer will be hard to keep you excited. My weight loss has been SLLLLOOWWWWW. Not that I went into it thinking it would, but I'm happy where I'm at now, and proud of myself. So I'd start with a New Years goal, or a Christmas goal.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    55lbs in a year? I think its possible! Work hard and be consistent :]

My goal is to be about 110, but more so about 18-19% body fat. I am 122ish now
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    You can get there...just dont consider any muscle weigh gains. This time next year, I WILL Be below 200.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    One pound at a time... I started at 221 and am now down to 198. At this moment my goal is 197. I like to do a lot of different challenges to keep me there so that helps me set more long term goals.... My end result will most likely be around 130 or so. I'm 5'4 and 40 y/o.

Just take it one pound at a time and DO NOT let the numbers drive you insane... I you go crazy, we go crazy with you!!!! :) Stay nice and calm... ~looks around~ people are watching us..... LOL :)
  • sable1029
    Options
    Question for anyone. On here it says that my calorie max should be 1600 calories a day. I am burning anywhere from 500 to 600 calories a day working out. It's been two weeks and I've lost 2lbs. Is that normal or do I need to change my calorie intake. I am 145 and am looking to lose 10 lbs
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That definitely seems realistic! I'm in a similar place - medium frame and muscular in some areas even while being overweight, my belly is my biggest issue. I originally thought of 140 as my ultimate goal and now while hovering around it I'm flirting with the idea of trying for 130.

I have become more aware of food and all that it involves, and I do have off days, but MFP has helped me so much. My biggest impact changes are definitely attributed to logging in daily, drinking water, cutting out refined sugar and being more "active" whenever possible.

Stay positive and reward yourself for being awesome. :happy:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i lost a great deal of weight a few years back. one goal is to keep the weight off for the rest of my life. other goal is to keep improving my body with exercise.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    ok so my ultimate goal is to be 145 hopefully by the summer/fall of 2012 (september 25th to be exact .. its my daughter's birthday) does that seem realistic?

Well, you have roughly 11 months to lose 70 lbs (based on your ticker) which means you would have to lose 6-7 lbs a month on average. That is realistic for slow, steady, consistent weight loss.
    what are your goals? anyone out there have any advice :)?

My main goal is to focus on 5lbs at a time, and check my body fat every month or two. Ideally, I would like to be at a weight/fitness level I am happy with by my anniversary next August, but I can't think that far ahead or I will keep telling myself "I have plenty of time"

My advice: stay consistent, watch your diet (nutrition is key!) find workouts you enjoy, vary your routine when you get bored, and set small goals so you see frequent success!
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    Lessee... my first goal was to get below 200. Hit that last week (yay!)

My next goal is 195.
  • lov3vh
    lov3vh Posts: 70
    Options
    thanks everyone for their input :)
  • precious1834
    Options
    When i first started a month ago to really start my weight lost i was 222 i am now 211.2 but i was 209.6 so now i gotta do some major damage to get this weight off..I would like to be 135 to 145 i am willin to fight for this but sometimes i get week to eat junk food i finally stop drinkin soda so guys what advice do you have to mentally control yourself from eating the wrong food