A New Thing to Try

Options
In the past 2 years I have really struggled with my weight. After going on anti-depressants and an unhealthy diet, I gained a very noticable 25lbs! I have been off of the medication for a few months now and I'm ready to make a change. I'm tired of always wearing t-shirts and the same old jeans because my other cute clothes do not fit. I'm tired of looking in the mirror and seeing something that I don't want to see. I got married 2 weeks ago, and even weeks/months before my wedding, I just had NO motivation to lose the weight that I NEEDED to lose (because my wedding dress no longer fit). I lost just enough for the dress to fit, and now it's all back. What I need is motivation, determintaion, and self-disipline to get myself where I want to be! This is the first online weight-loss communtity that I have joined. I am hoping to stick with it and I am hoping it will help and be a success!

Replies

• fish119
    Options
    Welcome! I think you are going to love it here!! :drinker:
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you feel right at home and that you meet a lot of wonderful people... If you are interested in having an online friend, you can add me. :)

Good Luck!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a great community. If you truly Want it, I will support you!

You have a great mindset and awareness. THAT is the beginning of action upon your choice!
  • j_hark1022
    j_hark1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wishing you lots of luck! I've struggled with lack of motivation quite a bit but I've found that once I got going, that was all the motivation I needed. This is definitely the place for lots of encouragement! Good luck!
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great site and has a really supportive community so you've come to the right place!

Sending you a friend invite now :)

P.S. Congratulations on your marriage! Wish you and your hubby all the best for your new future together :D
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It already looks like a GREAT place for support which leads to what I need- Motivation!