Dance With Julianne my first attempt...

Options
Hi, I've never posted on this board but, since I've recently added a video to my exercise routine, I figured I'd let everyone know what I thought.

I bought Dance with Julianne on a whim over the weekend. I just felt like I wasn't doing enough, just walking. Using the treadmill is of course, more difficult than walking around the neighborhood but, my fat doesn't just reside in my legs.

Tonight was the first time I tried it. It is HARD! Well, that's to be expected on a first try but, this video is clearly not intended for big people. I had to skip some of the moves that were too difficult (I marched in place through them) but, over all I broke a sweat trying to keep up. It is extremely fast paced and while the moves aren't all that difficult really, having a stomach that resembles a 9 month pregnancy kind of hinders flexibility, not to mention the chronic back pain that accompanies all that excess weight up front.

I'm not giving up on it. I will continue to work with the video three times a week until it gets easier but, struggling with the moves does take some of the fun out of it. Just thought I'd share in case someone else was thinking about purchasing it. It's always better to know what you're in for before putting your money down.

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Good for you, keep it up and great things will happen!!!
  • nonstopfeisty
    nonstopfeisty Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good for you, keep it up and great things will happen!!!

Thanks. I will consider it a huge victory when I can get through the whole thing without skipping a move.
  • athaliah
    athaliah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your moving more, that's the important thing right there. If you have to, make up your own moves that don't stress your back/belly.
    (fyi, try wearing tight clothing and see if that helps with the moving back and belly as it will keep it kinda tucked in a little bit. My Personal trainer had to break me of the habit of wearing loose clothing cause its easier to tell if your doing things right if you got tight clothing on.

The key to is "MODIFY" if it don't feel good. If it hurts to kneel down, do the same thing standing up. No worries.
    Arms going up in the air makes your heart race too much too fast, then put them out in front of you. If the step is too much and puts you off balance, do a different step side to side. You have the right idea, just go back to marching in place until you feel that you can jump back in place again. Don't you dare feel bad about that.

The best part is that you are doing this for you. You don't have to be perfect in the moves, but just keep on moving! Thats the important part. We are proud of you. Give it a few weeks, and I will bet that you will be able to do more of those moves and won't be as much worn out afterwards.

FYI, Great job on having the initiative to want to move more. Thats a victory there.
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That is awesome you never stopped during the video! Keep at it and one day that video will be mastered! Great job!
  • nonstopfeisty
    Options
    Your moving more, that's the important thing right there. If you have to, make up your own moves that don't stress your back/belly.
    (fyi, try wearing tight clothing and see if that helps with the moving back and belly as it will keep it kinda tucked in a little bit. My Personal trainer had to break me of the habit of wearing loose clothing cause its easier to tell if your doing things right if you got tight clothing on.

The key to is "MODIFY" if it don't feel good. If it hurts to kneel down, do the same thing standing up. No worries.
    Arms going up in the air makes your heart race too much too fast, then put them out in front of you. If the step is too much and puts you off balance, do a different step side to side. You have the right idea, just go back to marching in place until you feel that you can jump back in place again. Don't you dare feel bad about that.

The best part is that you are doing this for you. You don't have to be perfect in the moves, but just keep on moving! Thats the important part. We are proud of you. Give it a few weeks, and I will bet that you will be able to do more of those moves and won't be as much worn out afterwards.

FYI, Great job on having the initiative to want to move more. Thats a victory there.

Thanks for the tips I will keep them in mind each time I attempt this video. I won't give up. I am a perfectionist and I can't stand being told I can't do something. I'll keep at it until I have mastered it and then I'll buy another one LOL!
  • nonstopfeisty
    Options
    That is awesome you never stopped during the video! Keep at it and one day that video will be mastered! Great job!

Thanks!