Healthy snacks?

Options
I have tons of food for my meals, but besides fruit I have no idea what I should eat! Especially snacks I can eat at work to get me away from the vending machine. Any thoughts?

Replies

• pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I keep almonds roasted or raw unsalted.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Raw cashews, nuts, dried fruits like apricots, small mini cheeses like baby bell...small yogurts like Dannon Activa. I know those snacks can be tough..but keeping them healthy helps you out! Good luck!!

-Terri
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Pretzels, yogurt, part skim string cheese.
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Natural almonds, yogurt, laughing cow cheese
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I occasionaly by cinnamon apple cherrios and eat them dry for a snack. It makes you feel like you are having something sweet and crunchy at the same time. I do this when I want the crunch from chips. Sometimes, I also get almonds or cashews that have no sodium. If I cant really spare the calories, but my stomach is growling I get a red hot fireball hard candy and suck on it. It makes the hunger pains go away.
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The suggestions above are good :) And if you need a snack but don't want to increase your calorie count too much, try a snack-sized jelly cup (+/- fruit)
  • Natalie410
    Options
    I like chocolate so I get the dark chocolate almonds and nature valley granola thins
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    Popcorn, pretzels sticks, string cheese, yogurt, wraps (meat and cheese rolled around a pickle spear).
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Pre-packed small servings of chips (Popcorn Indiana has some of my favorites. They do popcorn and popcorn chips which aren't nearly as bad for you as a bag of Doritos.)
    Granola bars! <3
    Low-fat peanut butter with some celery sticks or apple slices (easy enough to pre-pack!)
    I am also now a big fan of plain Greek yogurt with granola crumbled up in it. Yum!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hummus with carrot chips. Yum!
  • krisbychiken
    krisbychiken Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks! All great ideas I didn't even consider