The scale is NOT moving!!!!

Options
Ugh I am frustrated... the scale is not moving. I am still eating very healthy, watch my portion size... eat things that help boost my motabolism and I work out every day and even added a few more things into my routine, I am not understanding why I am not losing anymore. I lost 10 lbs so far but I want to lose a total of 50!!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Replies

• DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I plateau often and never knew why and then I read an article or post ( i don't remember) saying that plateaus are often at a weight that you haven't been in awhile. So for me I plateaued at 155 cause I stuck around there for a year, the next one was at 150, cause I stayed there for a year, the last one was at 145 cause I hadn't seen that in 5 years. Give it acouple of weeks of staying dedicated, keep your calories up, dropping them crazy low will only drag the process out longer. Good luck.
  • psemar
    Options
    Keep an eye out for too many diet drinks and watch your sodium intake. Also change up your workout, this shocks your body into burning new energy using new muscles. Also, make sure you are getting light snacks in between each meal so you never go into starvation mode. GRATS on your 10 so far!
  • susie6785
    susie6785 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That IS frustrating, I hear you! Are you eating your calories every day? It's important to hit your target and not skimp. Also, are you drinking enough water? Those are my suggestions. I know this can be really frustrating, but remember that sometimes the scale doesn't move, but inches melt away and there are other benefits (lower pulse rate etc) your body is getting as well. Keep at it, don't let this plateau get you down! :happy:
  • myth4ever
    Options
    How long have you been at your current weight? Don't worry though it is a process and it takes times!!!!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Ugh I am frustrated... the scale is not moving. I am still eating very healthy, watch my portion size... eat things that help boost my motabolism and I work out every day and even added a few more things into my routine, I am not understanding why I am not losing anymore. I lost 10 lbs so far but I want to lose a total of 50!!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I would suggest you start tracking your body fat percentage. Scale weight loss and fat loss aren't the same thing. Just because you aren't losing scale weight, it doesn't mean you aren't losing fat.

Formula:

Weight x body fat percentage = Pounds of fat
    Weight - Pounds of fat = Lean body mass
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Make sure u r gettin your water in. Keep your cals as close to your daily goal as possible. Change up exersice and food. WATER WATER and more WATER.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well you seem to be under calories quite often based on your diary. Also switching up your exercise routine can help, you may need to increase intensity as well. Maybe have Claire on CM redo your BMR as youve lost 10 lbs already could have different needs now, it needs to be recalculated every so often.
  • kayleetruesdale
    Options
    Have you measured inches lost?
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have been there!!! In fact, I kind of am there. I would feel REALLY bad right now if I wasn't keeping track of my measurements as well as my weight (have you been doing that? If you haven't, go take them now!). I GAINED two pounds last week. Totally bummed, feeling like "whatever, might as well have cake if that's all that's going to happen" and then I took my measurements and saw that I lost a half inch of my waist and a FULL INCH off my hips. So I can only think I am making muscle or something... I have no idea... but whatever! I'll take the inches over the scale moving, any day!!! You might be in the same situation?

Also, this works differently for everyone, but are you eating back your exercise calories? Some people say you HAVE to and some people say that's counterintuitive, so I eat back about half of them. Of course, I GAINED TWO POUNDS last week, so maybe you don't want to listen to me (ha)! But I think eating a few of them back is a good idea, just to make sure you are nourished.

I also liked the Jillian Michael's diet drink, that tasted ok to me and I lost lots of water weight with it (which might be part of your issue?).

Get 60 ounces of distilled or pure water and...
    Add a tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice and...
    Add 1 dandelion root tea bag and...
    Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and...
    You Drink the 60 ounces every day for 7 days and...
    This recipe works because it helps flush out excess water weight you have carrying around in your body
  • trulabfloyd
    Options
    I am in the eact smae boat with the scale not budging in two months. I think I am going to try NOT eating my exercise calories and see if that helps. I have incorporated egg whites into my diet that a fitness pal suggested. She finally broke her plateau by eating more and more egg whites up to 7 a day!
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    thanks everyone for the suggestions and help! I do try to get my 8 glasses of water in every day! it's def a challenge for me tho. I have not taken my measurements so I guess I def need to do that!! I have a bad knee so doing the treadmill all the time really aggravates it so I try to do the stationary bike every day because that doesn't seem to bother it as much! I have gone up a level since I started using it!
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    I have been there!!! In fact, I kind of am there. I would feel REALLY bad right now if I wasn't keeping track of my measurements as well as my weight (have you been doing that? If you haven't, go take them now!). I GAINED two pounds last week. Totally bummed, feeling like "whatever, might as well have cake if that's all that's going to happen" and then I took my measurements and saw that I lost a half inch of my waist and a FULL INCH off my hips. So I can only think I am making muscle or something... I have no idea... but whatever! I'll take the inches over the scale moving, any day!!! You might be in the same situation?

Also, this works differently for everyone, but are you eating back your exercise calories? Some people say you HAVE to and some people say that's counterintuitive, so I eat back about half of them. Of course, I GAINED TWO POUNDS last week, so maybe you don't want to listen to me (ha)! But I think eating a few of them back is a good idea, just to make sure you are nourished.

I also liked the Jillian Michael's diet drink, that tasted ok to me and I lost lots of water weight with it (which might be part of your issue?).

Get 60 ounces of distilled or pure water and...
    Add a tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice and...
    Add 1 dandelion root tea bag and...
    Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and...
    You Drink the 60 ounces every day for 7 days and...
    This recipe works because it helps flush out excess water weight you have carrying around in your body

WOW that is a lot to drink a day... but I will try to get the ingredients as soon as I can and give it a try!! thanks!!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am currently in the same boat- and I have been in this boat several times. When this happens I try to change something. I eat more red meat vs chicken/ less meat/ different fruit/ different veggies/different breakfast/ Shorter runs 2ce a day/longer runs every other day...

... I try to change something little it usually works :)