Hello!

Options
I have been logging onto the MFP site since last Tuesday, as suggested by my Dietitian and I just wanted to say, hi! I have been working on lowering my carb intake. My dietitian gave me a carb guide to follow, which is helping. But, since reading some of the posts, I"m going to have to increase my calorie counts, which is kinda messing with my head. I'm sure I will figure that out soon! Did splurge on a croissant, today, that was heavy in the calorie range, carbs was 25, but I was feeling a tad bit hungry. I won't be going to the gym this evening and I feel guilty about it. So, how do you work thru that feeling? I can't wait to read everyone's feedback. Have a wonderful evening.....

Replies

• khawkin
    khawkin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If I can, I do some sort of exercising at home. My quick, fun to do, go to exercise to make up for a slip up is playing Just Dance on the Wii. Three dances usually burns around 140 calories for me. Besides that, just acknowledge your slip, forgive yourself, and move on. You are just one good decision away from improving your health. Good luck!
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Great advise from your dietitian.

I don't feel guilty when those things happen, and if I do - I don't dwell on it. I learn from it - analyze what happened and move on. I see this as a change in lifestyle, and those things will happen and beating yourself up won't do you any good.

The problem with a croissant is it is unhealthy carbs and unhealthy fat - not so much the calories.
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you can do a little bit of exercise tonight at home? I often find that makes me feel less guilty about not completing a full workout. Maybe just do a couple of sets of squats, or go for a short walk before bedtime. That way you can feel like you still did some exercise today without having to go nuts at the gym :)

That being said, as long as you are going to the gym/exercising a few times a week, you shouldn't need to feel guilty about taking a night off. Just stick close to your daily calorie limit and you'll be fine!
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I will have to go and take a walk before bed, plus I'm sure my dog will enjoy it....
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jan for pointing that out to me. I have to keep my eye out for that, also.
  • mariedingle
    Options
    I reason it out in my head that I WILL workout tomorrow! A splurge now and then is fine. Keep up the good work!