Potato Soup?

Options
Does anyone have a simple, low cal potato soup recipe? I know, I ask for the impossible, but I love potato soup and I need to find a way to make it so it's not so many calories and fat in one bowl.

Please and thank you:happy:

Replies

• kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 mashed cauliflower to lower the cals and up the nutrition in mine. I also use Philly 1/3 cream cheese to make it creamy. I use low sodium ham instead of bacon, and I don't use cheddar. I don't really have a recipe, but those are the swaps I make.... yum!
  • Jacksonsmomma2211
    Jacksonsmomma2211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/baked-potato-soup.html

Try that one. I have had a lot of luck with the skinnytaste website. Hope it helps!
  • authorjules
    Options
    Thanks for all the fast replies! I've got some experiments to make!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I made a great potato soup last night that was only 311 calories for a 2 cup serving, which isn't too bad. Message me if you want the recipe.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Baked Potato Soup
    (Weight Watchers Recipe)

1 bulb(s) garlic clove(s), large, 1/4-inch-slice cut off top
    3 pound(s) uncooked potato(es), rinsed, pierced with a fork (about 6 large baking potatoes)
    6 slice(s) uncooked turkey bacon
    4 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1 1/2 Tbsp thyme, fresh, fresh, chopped
    1/2 tsp table salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
    6 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
    6 Tbsp low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
    6 Tbsp scallion(s), sliced

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Wrap entire garlic bulb tightly in foil; place garlic and potatoes in oven. (You do not need to put them on a pan; they can go right on an oven rack.)

Bake garlic until soft when squeezed, about 45 minutes; remove from oven and let cool. Continue baking potatoes until tender when pierced, about 15 minutes more; let potatoes stand until cool enough to handle.

Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 6 minutes. Place bacon on paper towels to drain off any fat; chop bacon.

Unwrap garlic and squeeze pulp from bulb with hands into a large saucepan. Peel potatoes and add to saucepan; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Gradually stir in broth, thyme, salt and pepper until blended; place saucepan over medium heat and cook until hot, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Spoon about 1 1/3 cups of soup into each of 6 soup bowls. Top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of cheese, 1 rounded tablespoon of bacon and 1 tablespoon of scallions. Grind fresh pepper over top if desired.