Moms: Loose skin?

I just had a baby two months ago and my stomach looks pretty deflated, but still fatty. I'm afraid if I lose weight, quickly or slowly, I will have extra skin there. Was anyone able to firm it up without getting saggy skin in the stomach area? I'm younger so I'm hoping the elasticity is still there...

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    My skin has tightened up as I have lost weight. You are young, I wouldn't worry about it. Make sure you drink lots of water, and as long as your loss is slow and steady, you should be fine!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    I had my son at 21 years old. My heaviest weight was two years ago at 156 pounds. I am now 120 pounds and 38 years old. My lower abdominal area is flabby stretch marked loose skin, no matter how much weight I lose, and no matter how many ab exercises I do. It is most disappointing. Hopefully because you are young and getting in good shape now, you won't have the same issue.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    I am 24. I gave birth at 252 ( I gained like 40 pounds of fluid in a month) and I am now at 190, and my stomach skin is still very loose and flabby. Baby boy was 10 pounds 11 ounces, so that didn't help matters. Only time will tell if it will tighten up.
  • cemummy
    cemummy Posts: 28 Member
    i had my son at 24 then 17 months later had a daughter. my daughter is now 2 1/2 and im 2kg lighter than i was was before i had my son. but my tummy has a area of loose wrinkly stretch mark covered skin, that just hangs there. i tired bio oil and coco butter and all sorts of different exercises that i was told would help but nothing. on day 2 of the 30DS today so haven't given up yet, but i think im going to have to accept that its not going to budge :(
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    First of all, congratulations on that new baby! I too just had my little one a few months ago and he is my second within the last 2 and a half years. I am struggeling to get my belly down too. I gave my sister a quick call, she has had two boys and my sister and I get pretty big with our pregnancies, I asked her how she got her belly down so far and if her loose skin ever went away. She gave me some stats, don't quote us on the exact percentages, but she put it this way 80% is what you eat 10% is exercise and 10% is genetics. It depends on your bodies genetics when it comes to stretch marks and loose skin, without sergically getting it removed sometimes there is just not a lot that you can do. Exercise can give you a flat belly but that usually takes a lot of eating right and exercise, which you are already doing but the rest seems to be out of our hands.. Just love that body of yours, it has given you such a precious gift!