a little disheartened...

Options
not sure if this is the right place to post this. but here goes...
im really loving this site, but although the majority of people are extremely supportive on here, i have noticed quite a bit of *****ing and judging lately.
some people seem to be willing to take support but not give it. this is a site for everybody and im starting to feel a bit belittled, because of my age (18) or because i'm not here to lose as much weight as some others (that isnt supposed to come across as *****y as i think it does). its almost as if people are rolling their eyes at me; again only a small minority.
i dont know if anyone else feels like this at all , or if its just me.
okay, mini rant over :)

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Well if you need more support, I'd be happy to help!

As long as you are trying to make healthy choices, not asking the same questions over and over (ie: use the search feature on the boards) most people on here are pretty great.

It's like any other site, there are going to be meanies everywhere you go, that's just life. Just avoid them and stick with the positive people, and things get much better!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Then ignore that minority. Take what you need, leave the rest behind.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is you are here for you. Don't let people get under your skin. Find some friends that you share commonalities with and do your thing. Good luck to you.
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm sorry that people are being unsupportive and insensitive. You should feel supported whether you are needing/wanting to lose 5 pounds or 500 pounds, regardless of your age!! I hope you keep working towards where you want to be.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I haven't encountered that yet. But I think you may be just mixing with the wrong people. Just like in real life, I try to keep only the positive people around me. No need for negativity. Feel free to add me. No judging here. There are quite a few 18 yr olds on here too, if your looking for more younger people too. Try not to let others get you down. Good luck.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Not sure that I understand the rant :) Are you saying that because you have minimal amount of weight to lose that you aren't getting support ? If that is true, I am so sorry. Everyone should be supportive !! Your 5 pounds (as an example) may be very very important to you.. and very difficult to lose. It may be hard for others that are older and have more to lose. We have different types of issues--and remember what it was like to be 18-- ;) But, I agree , everyone should be supportive and try to see that you have your challenges.. just as we have ours. Sometimes it is hard to put ourselves in someone else's shoes (LOL-- literally!!) And, just an idea..you may want to have the MFP friends that are closer to your age and goals... if that helps at all? Good luck to you! and I hope that you get all of the support you deserve out of this site.!!~
  • Nanner60
    Nanner60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I rarely read forums or message boards but just happened to read this one.
    If you start now and make healthy choices you will be doing so much good.
    It is so hard to have so much to lose when you are my age (51).
    Good for you!! Keep it up, be healthy and take care of yourself.
  • _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    Oh no, you're absolutely correct! There are some judgmental &%$# in here. I learned that yesterday. Oh well, their problem - not mine. Don't let it ruin your experience!
  • KirstenRLD
    Options
    never expected to get so much feedback :)
    thanks so much everybody, i really appreciate the support :)