Question for those maintaining...

Options
I reached my goal weight a month ago and am now in maintaining mode. I went from 1310 cals to 1710 cals. I feel like I'm eating just for the sake of eating, just so that I get my cals in. I work out everyday also, and I eat most of my exercise cals too.

I just feel like it's bad to keep eating so that I don't go under my cals. Is anyone else struggling with this? Am I doing everything correctly???? BTW, I don't gorge on crappy things just to keep my cals up. Most of the time anyway. :wink: Thanks!!

Replies

• kendallalissa
    Options
    I reached my goal weight a month ago and am now in maintaining mode. I went from 1310 cals to 1710 cals. I feel like I'm eating just for the sake of eating, just so that I get my cals in. I work out everyday also, and I eat most of my exercise cals too.

I just feel like it's bad to keep eating so that I don't go under my cals. Is anyone else struggling with this? Am I doing everything correctly???? BTW, I don't gorge on crappy things just to keep my cals up. Most of the time anyway. :wink: Thanks!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have been in the same "learning" mode. Plus, I'm pregnant!! So, in my case I feel extra pressure to get the calories in!!:laugh:

I just took it easy and eased back into it and started to pay attention to getting a few more healthy snacks in during the day. I would add some calories to my breakfast and lunch, etc with fruit or a little more mayo or cheese and the same with dinner.

If you just add a little more to each meal and snack..it isn't hard to make up the difference. BUT, if you aren't starving on certain days, don't force yourself to eat.

I still work out being pregnant and will burn 600 cals on those days, which brings my caloric intake into well over 2,000 cals! It's just not possible to get that in every time! I just focus on being healthy and not being hungry and making sure I get plenty of nutrients.

:flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Sure, it's very hard. I have to eat 2700 a day to maintain. But I've been doing it for about 6 months, no ill effects.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Is the scale moving?
    I am curious because I just have 4lbs to go and I am scared to death to increase my calories...my brain is so programed for the 1200 -1400 calorie mark that I will feel like I am cheating.
    I will be curious to see what everyone else says.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've been maintaining since about May 08 and eat roughly 1700-2000 cals depending on my weight/exc cals burned etc
    If I choose all healthy foods, I also don't always feel hungry but I usually eat

Kim
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I actually haven't weighed in since I started my maintaining mode. I plan to do this on Thursday. Oh, that's tomorrow, isn't it? I'll see what happens. I'm a little afraid to find out!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm getting closer and closer to my goal and am getting a little nervous about trying to maintain, once I reach my goal. Is it a struggle for those of you on maintenance to keep the weight off? Have you gained anything back? I'm hoping with my new lifestyle of eating more healthy, I won't gain the weight back. Do you guys give yourself a certain limit - say between 2 to 5 pounds, and as long as you stay within your weight range, you're ok, and if you go over you start to cut back again. I was just wondering.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I've obviously been slowly putting weight on for the pregnancy, though I haven't gained a ton yet. I was maintaining at my goal weight for most of my first trimester. Only recently did I start to really put anything on. I will be 18 weeks pregnant on Friday. ALMOST half-way through!!! :bigsmile:
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I am really paranoid about regain as well, since I've started maintaining. It's difficult to get used to, since I had to add 400 cals per day!!! Yikes!