April Challenge Anyone???

Options

Replies

• ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My Birthday is 4/30 and I would be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel by then.
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

I don't have any special dates or occasions in April, however, I have a goal to lose at least four pounds a month, so by april, I would like to be 24 pounds lighter.

Starting Weight: 232.8
    April Goal Weight: 202.8....real close to Onederland! Real close!
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Well I had a bad lunch today but I made it up by workingout a lil harder this evening.... Well Im glad to see more ppl here! I'm hoping that these couple slip up's I had dont mess with my weigh in Friday! :devil: With only a .2 loss last week Im just hoping I lose at least a pound this week. I've been kicking my *kitten* and the first couple weeks here I was losinf 3-4 even 5lbs a week now my body is changing so I am trying to zig zag my calories and switching up my workouts. Im now doing the 30 Day Shred and a 6 week plan, and a walking plan that is 6 weeks long......So Im hoping by the end of Nov I lost another 5-7lbs....Wishful thinking I guess :laugh:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    So sorry! I flaked this challenge, but I'm back. I will be adding 24 "girly" pushups to my daily activities. I'm thinking 4 sets of 6, alternating with sets of leg lifts and bicycle kicks. I really need to get back in the habit of doing this daily, so perfect. I'll be sure to hop back on a update daily too. As far as cardio goes, I already do 60 minutes 3x a week, but this is good incentive to not skip out on my weekend gym trip :)
    Current Check-ins are (from Saturday...after the Halloween candy binge last night I'm scared to weigh in again)
    Weight is 202
    Waist is 36", Hips are 44"
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm in. April will be a year since I joined MFP, plus want to look my best for Spring break!
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    I am pumped. This sounds like a great challenge. 60 minutes 3 times a week is a lot for me right now, I am pushing to do 30 minutes three times, but I can work toward that by the end of the month. Today I started SouthBeach diet and am pretty excited about it because I felt like I ate a lot, but I'm just barely over my calories. Woot!

Are we weighing in? Is anyone keeping tabs on that? I can't remember what was said in the original post.
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    I am pumped. This sounds like a great challenge. 60 minutes 3 times a week is a lot for me right now, I am pushing to do 30 minutes three times, but I can work toward that by the end of the month. Today I started SouthBeach diet and am pretty excited about it because I felt like I ate a lot, but I'm just barely over my calories. Woot!

Are we weighing in? Is anyone keeping tabs on that? I can't remember what was said in the original post.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in May and I would love to be at my goal weight by then. =) Unless it is too late to join?
    Is there something we have to do daily? or just lose weight?

SW(today): 198lbs
    GW:135-140ish
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday in April, I'd love to feel svelt enough to rock a mini and some killer boots on a weekend away. :D
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'd like to jump on board with you guys too. I finish nursing school in April (convocation isn't until June) and would love to be healthier by then! :) I have 76lbs to lose until I'm at my goal weight although I might reevaluate that later down the road. I'm not sure what would be reasonable to lose by April? 40lbs?
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    This morning my body felt like it was dragging. Still managed to put in 65 minutes cardio though and did some push-ups. Hopefully tomorrow will be much better.

Good to see more persons have arrived. It was getting a bit lonely over here...lol.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I did my pushups/leg lifts/bicycle legs today :)
    Upped my goal to 30 girly pushups, since I could do it. I will probably be adding more to that as I get further along, maybe even a real pushup! Hehe.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I did 30 DS and a Billy Blanks Tae Bo workout!! and got 11 cups of water.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I've had 2.5 L of water today and went swimming for the first time in years it was awesome.
    I now have a friend calling me in the morning so I can get weights done in the morning and cardio in at night.
    I'm hoping to do 30DS in the mornings, my trainers program in the afternoon 4x a week and then cardio at night 5x a week. I just want this weight off now. So tired of it.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should do this...I don't have much to lose but it's coming off VERY VERY slowly so maybe a date farther away might help...and my 20th birthday is April 28th. :D

For exercise this month my plan is each week to do:
    - Insanity 3x (2 full length, 1 20 minute)
    - Jillian 2x (something with weights, mostly likely 30ds or ri30)
    - Yoga 2x
    - Abs 2x
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I ran 23minutes straight again today and did pushups, squats, and bicycle crunches. Woo!
  • MightyMae1
    Options
    Wow. You guys are killin' it on the workouts. I must confess I have only hit the elliptical that one time and haven't made time for it since. But, I'm doing okay on the SouthBeach thing. It's really hard to think of something to have for breakfast when you can't eat carbs and you don't like eggs. I'll get the hang of it soon though. And, I promise to workout today, mainly because you all are showing me up so badly! :) Keep up the good work, it's inspiring.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Did a 4 mile walk and 20 minutes jogging for a total of 76 minutes today. Haven't done any push-ups or squats yet but I am hoping the bug to do it will bite me sometime today. Keep going guys. I am not seeing any loss when I peak at the scale (in fact it keeps going up) but I am still keeping my motivation up because I know it will show on the scale one of these days. My body is crazy that way.
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    I did 2 miles this morning, and then about to start another hour of exercise in a couple of minutes. Water, is in check today. I have to amke up for my slacking in Atlantic City. So I have to lose the two pounds that I gained.
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Did a 4 mile walk and 20 minutes jogging for a total of 76 minutes today. Haven't done any push-ups or squats yet but I am hoping the bug to do it will bite me sometime today. Keep going guys. I am not seeing any loss when I peak at the scale (in fact it keeps going up) but I am still keeping my motivation up because I know it will show on the scale one of these days. My body is crazy that way.

Ugh i am having the same problem! My scale loves to go up but not down! I swear if I get on that thing tomorrow and it says i gained weight again I will have a fit and throw it out the window :laugh: Everyone keeps telling me that I look good and I must be losing fat and gaining muscle but how do I just lose fat? I like to gain muscle but not when the scale is showing Im gaining. I'd rather have a no loss then a gain...Weigh in in the morning and Im seriously terrified :sad: