Feet going to sleep...

Options
2»

Replies

• kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    This is a common issue. I loosened my laces, and when it gets bad, I lean back on my heels. It takes the pressure off the front of my feet, and it also has the added benefit of changing the way I move, thus working different muscles in my legs (really feel it in the front of my thighs!).
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have this issue when I run, usually about 20 minutes in. As others have said, making sure my laces aren't too tight beforehand helps as well as stretching. Not sure exactly why the stretching helps, but I notice that my feet falling asleep often coincides with my calves getting really tight...which happens less often when I make sure they're good and warm before the run.
  • erikahernandez360
    Options
    So happy to find this topic and that I'm not the only one!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    My feet do this too. I think what happens (at least with me) is that my feet get shoved all the way up to the front of my shoes and my circulation to my feet gets cut off.

This is exactly what I assumed was the reason for my feet doing the same thing, and only on the elliptical. I don't use the elliptical anymore, but when I did, this was a big problem for me.
  • goodmonster
    Options
    I thought it was just me who this happened to on the elliptical!

Love idea of buying my kicks a half size bigger- it should have been a 'duh' moment on my part.

Also proof that I need new shoes. What an excuse! muhaha. =)
  • txangel0319
    txangel0319 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me who this happened to on the elliptical!

Love idea of buying my kicks a half size bigger- it should have been a 'duh' moment on my part.

Also proof that I need new shoes. What an excuse! muhaha. =)
    muhahaha <---- love that evil laugh.
    I would've never thought to buy a bigger size. haha! & heck yeah, great reason to buy new shoes! I'd probably ditch the elliptical workout if it wasn't sitting in my living room staring at me. Plus the programmed workouts are great.
    & yeah, my feet start to tingle around 20 minutes. I move them back on the pedals & try to stomp it out but it doesn't work. :ohwell: