any aussies or NZ's doing 30DS

Options
I STARTED TODAY, TUESDAY NOVEMBER 1ST.
LEVEL 1 DAY 1 (feeling good)
STARTING WEIGHT 94.4KG

Anyone want to join me. This is not my first time and it usually takes me a lot longer than 30 days to complete I seem to either need to take a break or just some days cant find the time. I would love to think that this time I can do it in the 30 days.
I'm 51 and not the fittest or strongest but I do my best and I like the way I feel after doing this DVD.

I am not restricting this to only those of us in this time zone but I'm starting with us. Often with other challenges I find the time zones and kgs vs lbs, miles to kilometers really does my head in.

Everyone is welcome. Report back here as you do each day and share how you feel or offer any tips.

Replies

• Hollie_downunder
    Options
    Have just started Ripped in 30 today :)

i've done 30DS before but didn't stick to it religiously

Today i'm determined to make a change! 30 Days in Sept, 30 days to set a healthy habit in place!
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    i started ripped in 30 yesterday as well :) also up to day12 of shred. completed my first day of level 2 today. i miss level 1 already haha. what size weights do you ladies use? x
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I use 500gm weights. Very light, when I went up in weight I hurt my back, so waiting till I am stronger. Level 2 is the worse in my opinnion, level 3 is not so bad.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    LEVEL 1 DAY 2 = 173 CALORIES BURNED

THIS IS MY 3RD TIME AT DOING A JM30DS CHALLENGE AND I HOPE NO ONE MINDS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER UP SOME TIPS I HAVE LEARNT ALONG THE WAY. FIRSTLY I AM 51yo AND NOT AT ALL WOULD I CONSIDER MYSELF FIT, I CURRENTLY WEIGH 94KG (207LBS). SO GET THE PICTURE I AM OLDER THAN MOST OF YOU, FATTER AND LAZIER SO MAYBE SOME OF THIS ADVICE WONT APPLY TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY I AM NO EXPERT SO THIS IS JUST ADVICE FROM MY OBSERVATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.

1. Do not be discouraged its harder than you think.
    2. If need to modify, modify, modify, otherwise you may give up.
    3. Do it at half pace if you need too.
    4. Jog on spot for jump rope if you have bad knees.
    4. Use light weights to begin with, and even none for side lunges or only every 2nd day.
    5. Have a towel folded ready to go under your knees for push ups.
    6. Bicycle crunches, I had to slowly build up did 5 then regular crunches.
    7. If needed take a rest day.
    8. Take measurements as well as weight at start.

Hope this helps someone. I have too often seen so many get discouraged. If you need to take more than one rest day do so, listen to your body. You will still get benefit from how any little you do. Congrat yourself for every little step.

I can't say I recorded large weight loss or measurements during my past 2 go's at this, but there was some, Biggest Bonus of all I felt STRONGER.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING OUR EXPERIENCES ALONG THE WAY.
    Edited by jellyfishjen on Wed 11/02/11 12:01 PM
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS for a week religiously.. using 3kg weights (nearly killed me some days...!) ... but then I slacked off. I got bored of it (not sure why... My motivation really gets ruined sometimes... I should have just gone up a level, but was scared lol)... I think I might try to start on it again today or tomorrow (depending on what time I get home from work) or even on the weekend.

Good on you Jenny for doing it again. I have started taking measurements weekly too. I think I'm going to go poorly this week but after 2 days over my calories :(
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    great tip with the folded towel for push ups! will try that tomorrow
    i have been doing it with 500g weights also which were far too easy so i bought 3kg ones which were all that were available and my gosh they're far too heavy haha