Life way from MFP. Help.

Options
I took a break from MFP for two weeks. I gained back SIX pounds. I'm horrified. I feel like I can't make choices without logging what I eat, and having it actually put down in front of me.

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone have any solution or are you just going to forever and always log?

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'll have the same problem if I left now.
    But I've been doing this for a couple months now so I can kind of guesstimate how much i ate before logging and most of the time I'm right. If I left now.. I'm sure I could keep it up.

I think practice and time makes perfect.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Some of that may be water weight from eating high sodium foods. Get back on track and I have a feeling a lot of it will drop right back off. It's pretty improbable that you ate an excess of 21,000 calories.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    Some of that may be water weight from eating high sodium foods. Get back on track and I have a feeling a lot of it will drop right back off. It's pretty improbable that you ate an excess of 21,000 calories.

I'm banking on some of it being water weight. I did have a party, drink a lot, and didn't watch anything. I'm hoping when I get back on track and weigh in on Monday it'll be fine. I already figured I would gain 2 or 3 pounds, and not six. I hope. haha. Shoot.
  • _blackbird
    Options
    I gained back some weight when I first stopped using MFP... I agree with Apryl. It's about a lifestyle change... I think for me, I'll use MFP until I'm at my goal weight and maybe even a bit after. As long as I'm consistently working out, and learning about portion sizes and nutritional content, I should be okay, and you should too!!!
  • Gr8Flood
    Options
    With the mobile app being so easy to use right when you eat, I don't think I will ever stop using. It must be part of your lifestyle. I went it alone for many years and did not end up where I wanted to. So I will log for as long as the site is here.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    I have and probably always will track in a journal, even if I dont make it to mfp... it helps keep me accountable. :)