Too much sugar

Options
My sugars are EXTREMELY high. I eat very naturally and healthfully so I don't know how to limit the sugar. Suggestions please? (My diary is open)

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    sugars always seem to go over. i've heard soooooo many ppl complain about that. i go over to. i think you'de have to be very strict not to.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If it's from wholesome healthy foods like fruits (Naturally occuring sugars) then don't count it barring underlying health issues.

If it's added sugars like you find in packaged cereals, yogurt etc then limit it as much as you can ie the 25 or 30 grams per day tops ;)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it esp considering it looks like the majority is coming from your fruits
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Your diary doesn't show sugar -- did you mean sodium?

Carbs also = sugar
    I wouldn't worry about sugar from natural fruits.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    If it comes from fruit, stevia, etc. that's ok. As long as it's not that processed refined white sugar which would be in cakes, candies, etc.

You have a nice diary of foods.
  • healthy4self
    Options
    Your diary doesn't show sugar -- did you mean sodium?

Now it shows sugar :)
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    be careful what you eat.

many foods have sugar added to them as a preservative.

if you want to cut down your sugar intake, reduce fruit, milk, breads, pastas and cereals, and stick to meat, vegetables, nuts, etc.

http://www.nataliecartertalksfitness.com/2011/10/nosugarvember.html
  • Gr8Flood
    Options
    If you are not seeing any negative side effects from natural sugars, don't stress. If you are trying to lose weight and are not getting the results that you want. Shift your balance to be heavy on the veggies and lower on the fruits as the sugars (even natural) will slow fat burn. If you are not trying to thin down at all though, no worries. I am trying to lower my body fat so I can't have too many fruits. I must go high protein and more veggies than fruit, but still have some fruit every day.
  • healthy4self
    Options
    If you are not seeing any negative side effects from natural sugars, don't stress. If you are trying to lose weight and are not getting the results that you want. Shift your balance to be heavy on the veggies and lower on the fruits as the sugars (even natural) will slow fat burn. If you are not trying to thin down at all though, no worries. I am trying to lower my body fat so I can't have too many fruits. I must go high protein and more veggies than fruit, but still have some fruit every day.

5 less pounds on this bod would be nice
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I've only looked at a few entries but it seems like your sugars are coming primarily from fruits and yogurt. Unless a medical professional has advised you to limit all sugar (including fruit), I wouldn't worry about it.

To determine if the yogurt is good or bad, simply look at the list of ingredients. If it contains a lot of whole fruit, I wouldn't worry about it. If high fructose corn syrup is high on the list, maybe try a different brand.
  • Gr8Flood
    Options
    I just opened my diary for you if it will help. I have a supplement on today's log that I normally don't use, but the previous few days are good examples of normal days for me. The result has been everything that I am hoping for so far.
  • healthy4self
    Options
    I just opened my diary for you if it will help. I have a supplement on today's log that I normally don't use, but the previous few days are good examples of normal days for me. The result has been everything that I am hoping for so far.

Great thanks!
  • auctoritas
    Options
    If you switch out the soy milk out for say, unsweetened almond milk, which has no sugar, that would help. Otherwise most of it's coming from fruits, so yeah, don't be overly concerned.