Running Tracks/ Powesongs

Options
Hello everyone!

So I've started running again now that I've got some strength back in my leg and I am feeling great! The only thing is I can't run without music and I need some awesome running songs I can get myself motivated for. Nike+ Have this thing called power songs so when you feel like springing you can play a powersong to help you push further. Any suggestions for good jogging tracks and some really energetic power songs?

I really need a good 2 hr playlist of fresh music :)

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I listen to "Super Mash Bros"... you can download all of their music free from their website :D
  • E_Cee83
    E_Cee83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i love :
    dj earworm mixes (downloaded at the website)
    rhianna - S&M
    Ministry of Sound cd mixes are awesome for a fat pace beat to keep you treading.
    inescapable by Jessica mauboy atm the mo' is great
    take me away - marvin priest and wynter gordon
    i have heaps but cant think of any hahaha
    hope these help to your playlist:happy:
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    This sounds weird, but Dope House Records.

Try the 11-minute "Badass Song" that comes up when you look up dope house on youtube, that's my mile run song.
    Or Blazin' Janey, by SPM, Rollin' and Hot G, by Carolyn Rodriguez.

Or if you don't like rap, try the Strokes...the album "First Impressions of Earth" is great to run to.

The CaramellDansen is good if you like to go fast, Nelly Furtado's "Maneater" and "Promiscuous" are good if you want to feel freaking awesome.

Bassnectar's pretty good as well.
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Latest fave: My Morning Jacket's "Highly Suspicious of You"

also good: "Cobrastyle" by Robyn
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Queen - Don't stop me now!
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    jog.fm
  • taniam16
    taniam16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :) i'll try to add them to my playlist!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My favorite 'powersong' right now is Rihanna's Who's That Chick, too bad it is so short. It always gets me moving faster. I had to run 1.5 miles as fast as I could and I just put it on my iPod on repeat. .

I actually loved a few of the songs listed already , but they were overplayed and I got tired of them (blame stupid radio here and me). Now, if I find a good song, I only listen to it when I run so I don't get tired of it quick.

ETA- World Wide Suicide by Pearl Jam - sends my niece and nephew into a frenzy everytime.

2nd edit - fixed name of song