Shred plus cardio

Options
Hi, so I started the 30 day shred on 10/24 and am doing the plan of 10 days on each level for the next 30 days, no breaks. Since I usually do the shred in the morning I still go to the gym in the evenings 4-5 times a week and do between 30-60 minutes of cardio either on the treadmill or elliptical. Has anyone else followed this plan? I was sore the first couple days, but overall I don't feel to worn out or anything. I am wondering that since I technically don't have any rest days if I am doing more harm then good. I do have a bet with a coworker to do the shred straight for 30 days so don't want to take any breaks from that and do have either breaks from cardio or some of the days are even active rest days but just wanted others feedback or experiences, thanks!

Replies

• michelledruss
    michelledruss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was doing the shred in the early morning with adding about 30 minutes of cardio on top of it. I only did the shred 6 days a week, taking one day off like Jillian says to. You need that rest day for muscle growth and so that you can knock it out hard the next week. I will always take Sundays off for my body to rest because my workouts are so hard that my body feels it. That is what you should be aiming for. I have heard that muscle growth which helps in creating a lean figure only occurs during rest:) If you feel guilty on that day do some active walking.
  • lilbabe09
    lilbabe09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump