menstrual cycle help

Options
During the time I am going through the menstrual cycle I deeply crave chocolate and sometimes lots of it. I try to stick to dark chocolate. What do you do to help with this? Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• branflake5
    Options
    omg if u find out let me know because i MUST have chocolate at my time too! but i did buy skinny cow icecream sandwiches they are yummy and chocolatey
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sugar free hot cocoa. Sometimes it doesn't work and then I turn to my emergency stash of Hershey's special dark miniatures in the freezer. I only take out one at a time, and you have to wait for them to warm up before eating. I may eat 10 of them, but at least it takes me all day to do it.
  • bbyegal
    Options
    Have you tried hot chocolate? Or double up the sweets and make it a treat with some value by melting a bit of dark chocolate over berries? Sometimes a cup of hot calming tea like camomile or mint tea helps with my sweets cravings. Good luck!!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    After over 25 years I have grown to accept that I have a period, that I have cravings, that I put on a few pounds of water weight and that I may be crabby for a few days.

But none of those things is an excuse to deviate from my plan.
  • adampaulnelson
    Options
    Sugar Free Chocolate
  • Crystal860412
    Options
    Thank you. Lots of good ideas...keep them coming!
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I increase my calorie intake when I'm menstral about 100-200 calories.

I also printed out this sheet and stuck it to my fridge.

"What you want VS what you need"
    http://noms.icanhascheezburger.com/2011/08/10/funny-food-photos-what-you-want-vs-what-you-need/

If you're craving this, then you need to eat that. Choco and Sweets are at the top.

Hope this helps! Helped me A LOT!

:-)
    Thanks for sharing.
    SLB
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Give yourself an "eat whatever you want day" on the first day of your cycle. The cravings are covered... & the guilt makes you work out twice as hard regardless of how crappy you feel for the next week.

Works for me. :tongue:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I just eat chocolate then. I try to keep around a 70% or so chocolate bar (the darker the better! I LOVE dark chocolate) and because it's so rich I can only ever eat a small square. I slowly nibble on it too so I don't have the urge to go back for more.
  • bunny876
    bunny876 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones Chocolate Fudge Brownie, I think it has 140 calories for the serving. I live for these things when I am going through those cravings. They are so good, and it is chocolatley enough to satisfy the craving and low enough in calories it doesn't ruin my day.
  • ShanaJo87
    ShanaJo87 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself your allergic! LOL... sorry. I AM allergic and it is wonderful :)... very rarely do i crave chocolate.