I want this muffin, really really want this muffin

Options
I'm going crazy. My roommate bought some low fat blueberry muffins from Mimi's Cafe, and it's driving me crazy because I want one really bad but it has sooo much sugar.

Mimi's Cafe Low Fat Blueberry Muffin (1 Muffin)

Calories: 439
Fat: 4g
S. Fat: 0g
Sodium: 1026mg
Carbs: 101g
D. Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 58g
Protein: 8g

Is this an okay breakfast choice with some 1% Milk?

Replies

• LoseItJourney
    LoseItJourney Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Id say its not worth it. its a lot of calories for just a muffin..

and the sodium is so high!

and the 101g of carbs?

58g of sugar?

Find something more filling and more nutritous to start your day.

maybe eat HALF a muffin as a snack later but not the whole thing.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's far from ideal, but if you really want it...eat it. Adding the milk would add a lot of extra calories(110 or so per 8oz.), although it's a little more protein as well. Just don't make this your daily breakfast and it's no big deal to indulge to satisfy a craving. Another idea would be to cut the muffin in half and do it that way.
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you know what I always tell myself when I want to eat something I know I shouldn't.....You have eaten that before you already know what it tastes like, and do you really want to waste your calories for that?? I usually answer no and pass it up! Especially on something like that , it's more than one of my average meals...think of it that way. You have done so much hard work....is it really worth it? I personally am not good at just taking a taste, but, If you can do that, go for it!
  • Redheadbkb
    Redheadbkb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eat half of it. Plus some skim milk and egg whites. That would be a good breakfast.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Saw your profile, you do Hip Hop Abs too?????? I love Hip Hop Abs! :D

anyway, I would say if you really want it, take half of it. or at least keep it til you have your cheat day or something :) Just treat it as a small little treat for yourself. Once in a while.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    you know what I always tell myself when I want to eat something I know I shouldn't.....You have eaten that before you already know what it tastes like, and do you really want to waste your calories for that?? I usually answer no and pass it up! Especially on something like that , it's more than one of my average meals...think of it that way. You have done so much hard work....is it really worth it? I personally am not good at just taking a taste, but, If you can do that, go for it!

Thanks for that... I really have gone to far to go back into old habits, I'll stick with my normal breakfast then maybe later I'll eat 1/4 of it as a snack.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Eat half of it. Plus some skim milk and egg whites. That would be a good breakfast.
    Healthier to eat the yolk as well unless you have issues with high cholesterol.
  • manvsfood
    Options
    It's far from ideal, but if you really want it...eat it. Adding the milk would add a lot of extra calories(110 or so per 8oz.), although it's a little more protein as well. Just don't make this your daily breakfast and it's no big deal to indulge to satisfy a craving. Another idea would be to cut the muffin in half and do it that way.

Thanks! I'm just gonna stick with my normal breakfast and eat 1/4 of it for a snack later... don't need that extra sugar in my diet.
  • manvsfood
    Options

anyway, I would say if you really want it, take half of it. or at least keep it til you have your cheat day or something :) Just treat it as a small little treat for yourself. Once in a while.

I love HHA.. haha, this is my last week and I've completely changed my body. I can't wait to weigh in Monday! oh and I decided against the muffin... it's dangerous. I probably would eat two if I wasn't dieting. yikes.
  • TahliS
    TahliS Posts: 52
    Options
    Just found this on caloriecount.com ... now you can have your muffin and burn a few cals by making them. Also as the person who posted said, you could swap out the sugar for a substitute and make it a little better again.

Ingredients (makes 12 muffins):

1/4 cup applesauce
    3/4 cup white sugar
    2 eggs
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
    1 cup fresh blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius.

2. Line muffin pan with muffin liner thingies, or grease it.

3. Combine dry ingredients; combine wet ingredients; add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. :) Gently fold in blueberries last.

4. Spoon batter into lined/greased muffin pan. Should be about 3/4 full.

5. Place pan into preheated oven; bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Muffins should spring back when touched. Mine didn't come out looking golden-brown (a little whiter than usual, but they were done), so be sure to poke 'em and see!

These would be yummy heated up with cream cheese on 'em, or butter, or jam.....or plain.....hee-hee. I was debating whether or not to use Splenda, but I wanted to save my Splenda for when I really needed it, so if anyone tries it with Splenda, let me know how they turn out. :) I used a little less sugar than the recipe called for. Oh, and some nutrient information might be on the low side...computer estimate. Enjoy! Liz

Nutrition facts (serving = 1 muffin):

Calories 130

Calories from Fat 9

Total Fat 1g (2 %)

Saturated Fat 0.3g (1 %)

Cholesterol 35mg (12 %)

Sodium 80mg (3 %)

Potassium 84mg (2 %)

Total Carbohydrates 26.9g (9 %)

Dietary Fiber 0.7g (3 %)

Protein 3.5g (7 %)

Sugars 14.2g

Vitamin A 1 %

Vitamin C 3 %

Calcium 5 %

Iron 8 %

Thiamin 11 %

Niacin 8 %

Vitamin B6 1 %

Magnesium 2 %
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    eat half a muffin and move on in life.
  • fightingforfiftyfive
    Options
    I'm going crazy. My roommate bought some low fat blueberry muffins from Mimi's Cafe, and it's driving me crazy because I want one really bad but it has sooo much sugar.

Mimi's Cafe Low Fat Blueberry Muffin (1 Muffin)

Calories: 439
    Fat: 4g
    S. Fat: 0g
    Sodium: 1026mg
    Carbs: 101g
    D. Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 58g
    Protein: 8g

Is this an okay breakfast choice with some 1% Milk?

OH MY GOD YOUR SIGNATURE IS AMAZING hahahahahaha
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    Take the muffin and cut it into small pieces. Little treats. Then freeze them. When you really want some, take out one of those frozen pieces and eat it. Because it's frozen you'll have to eat it slower and enjoy it more. Because of all the crap in it you'll notice that is doesn't freeze rock hard.

You get a nice treat but you don't eat your days worth of everything in one muffin.
  • courtneymarie8
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself completely of foods you desire - if you do you'll find yourself at the dangerous intersection of 'craving' and 'binging'... not a fun place to be. Maybe eat half of the muffin instead of the entire thing. I've learned a new trick where I always leave one or two bites of food on the plate instead of eating the entire thing. It reminds me that I really don't need all of it and helps me to maintain self control, especially when I'm treating myself to something like a delicious blueberry muffin!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options

I love HHA.. haha, this is my last week and I've completely changed my body. I can't wait to weigh in Monday! oh and I decided against the muffin... it's dangerous. I probably would eat two if I wasn't dieting. yikes.

Yeay~ Good for you! :) It's always feel great to make good choices :D