Any SIDS parents?

Options
Today is my boy's birthday. Just having a hard time. he would have been 4. What a big boy. It's so sad. I want to go out and buy him a BIG truck and a mud puddle!

Replies

• fitnesstanyam
    fitnesstanyam Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not a SIDS parent but a stillbirth parent. I know where you are coming from. My son would have been 6 in June and I want so badly to be juggling his activities with his two sisters. A big truck and a mud puddle sound good too! Hugs!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Awwww hugs. I'm not a SIDS mum but I've known a few including my best friend a few years ago and I know how I felt, just as a friend so my heart goes out to anyone that has suffered because of SIDS.

Do what you have to, to get thru days like this.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Not a parent, but my nephew passed away from SIDS when he was just short of 18 months old. He would be 6 next month.

I am very, very sorry for your loss. I hope you were able to surround yourself with ones you love today. Sending warm, happy thoughts.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So sorry.. My grandaughter was lost to sids she was 3 months old,no words describe this loss.She is a twin. Bitter sweet we get to kind of watch her grow up through her sister.been 4 years
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Not a SIDS mommy, but I lost my sweet baby girl Kayden at age 2 due to a genetic kidney disease (a gene from both parents, who could have known?) I understand how you feel, she would be 7 this year. It's crazy how once you lose a child, you are suddenly in a group completely seperate from the rest of the world. I still buy her balloons, flowers, etc. every year. I imagine it will always been that way. Chin up, message me if you need to!!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Not a SIDS mommy, but I lost my sweet baby girl Kayden at age 2 due to a genetic kidney disease (a gene from both parents, who could have known?) I understand how you feel, she would be 7 this year. It's crazy how once you lose a child, you are suddenly in a group completely seperate from the rest of the world. I still buy her balloons, flowers, etc. every year. I imagine it will always been that way. Chin up, message me if you need to!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'm not a SIDS parent, but please accept my deepest, most heartfelt condolences to you. *big hugs*
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    yeah the puke and the poop are worth it . what i wouldnt give for him to crap on me. lol
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    Thanks hon, hugs to you too. and your friend
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    Oh how horrible! my son is is two, hell be three in jan. i could not imagine losing him right now. how sad for you . hugs to you too. thanks for the lift.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    oh thank you! how nice of you.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    sad for sure, but neat that you can see her through her twin.
  • Leviram
    Options
    I am not a SIDS parent. But I send you my deepest condolences I can't even imagine how hard it must be. I had a friend lose her baby girl in her tummy at 5 months. (((HUGS)))
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    oh, sweetie, I am so sorry. I was the stepmom of a SID's. She was 2 months, 19 days old. Born in October, passed a few days before Christmas... That was hard, and I didn't carry her, just took care of her a lot once she was born. Hugs!
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    No matter, that would hurt too. A mom isnt the one who carries you, she is the one (or two) who take care of you. so dont write yourself off hon. hugs to you too
  • elizetta
    Options
    I'm not a SIDS parent, but I'd like to offer my condolences. There is nothing worse then losing a child no matter the cause. I helped raise my little brother and we lost him 6 years ago; he would have been 24 this year. His loss was like losing a child, and a best friend. All I can say is that the love that we share with those we love never ceases instead it gets stronger over time.