No one has noticed

Options
I have lost 9 lbs, more than half way to my goal, and not one soul has noticed. Discouraging.

Replies

• pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Try not to get too discouraged. You're losing the weight for *you*. As long as you're happy about it, good.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight for someone other than yourself, they never notice.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I don't care if you lost weight or not, you're pretty "noticable" as-is. But I bet people have noticed but just haven't said anything. I've lost 10lbs over the course of a year and maybe 1-2 people have actually said anything.

It's nice to be noticed but ultimately it's for you and not everyone else.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat--down almost 14 and no notice. It is discouraging, but that's why I come here! Encouragement in spades. Congrats on your loss! :wink:
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way! It's because people are just not saying anything dont worry...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I also think people are scared to compliment people on their weightloss, possibly implying that they were fat before and you never know how sensitive people will be to that :O
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat ie lost 8 kilos in the last 2 months and my hubby was like oh really when i told him...real off putter to keep going! =[

but a big congrats on your loss
  • jazzdspazz
    jazzdspazz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what you may think, they're is always someone watching, that guy you get your groceries from every sunday, the girl that sits next to you at school, the co worker that never looked at you twice, some one is always watching. But none of that matters. As long as you notice!
  • luv4SFO
    luv4SFO Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You noticed! Please do not discount your own value for what you are doing. You are the one that counts.

Also, maybe they did, but didn't want to say anything.... Sometimes people are afraid to say something because it might come off as overstepping boundaries. Or sometimes people may think you look great without loosing and don't want to encourage you to loose if you don't need to. Either way, it's not about them.

Feel proud of yourself for reaching (and working) toward your goals, that is already a step above most people.

Congratulations!
    luv4SFO
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Well, if it makes a difference, I think you look amazing. Put yourself in other people's shoes though. It's can be very uncomfortable to say to someone "Wow, have you lost weight?" if they haven't done so, or weren't attempting to. Some people take that as a backwards compliment, and I wouldn't dare say anything unless I knew that the person was trying to lose weight in the first place.
  • MarthaRN
    MarthaRN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Also, maybe they did, but didn't want to say anything.... Sometimes people are afraid to say something because it might come off as overstepping boundaries. Or sometimes people may think you look great without loosing and don't want to encourage you to loose if you don't need to. Either way, it's not about them.

I agree, this happened to me recently and finally confessed to a girlfriend of mine that it hurt my feelings that she hadn't noticed and she told me she didn't want to hurt my feelings by suggesting that I had needed to lose weight in the first place. You never can tell what people are really thinking.

LLAP :flowerforyou:
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!

Thought it would be creepy to compliment you after yesterday's thread...
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    No one noticed til I lost about 20 lbs! But yeah, I agree that this is for you and your health; whether people notice isn't as important.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    good job
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have lost 9 lbs, more than half way to my goal, and not one soul has noticed. Discouraging.

They are all jealous and get believe how amazing you look xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Good for you........ Keep it up.....

Also they see you every day, so maybe you need to hide away for a couple of weeks, then do a grand reveal xxx :heart:
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I once read somewhere that you should never compliment someone on weight loss because they may be losing weight due to something negative (e.g stress, divorce, some sort of disease etc.). Maybe that is why people are not commenting?
  • unixhelp
    unixhelp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find when my wife loses weight I don't notice because i see her every day
  • anneke123456
    Options
    no one has noticed I lost 16lbs around me at all and I can even see it off me :(
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    I find when my wife loses weight I don't notice because i see her every day

My husband said the same . He just told me I looked more curvy now. I'm down 60lbs in less than a yr...