You will weigh ... in 5 weeks

Options
Ok everyone so this is confusing the hell out of me!!!! I get a different number everyday. One day I went over on fats and carbs and my weight gauge went up...this is understandable. But for all the other days I am really confused about what changes the number. Help??? Appreciate it.

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Ignore it, honestly. It is essentially saying that if you ate that exact amount of calories every day for the next five weeks, in a perfect world you would weigh that much. It takes nothing else into consideration. It's a silly thing; I don't know why they even include it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Calories in versus calories burned, based on your goals in the system.

That is all.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I notice the 'message' is quite more generous with that 'expected weight if I exercise that specific day. :huh:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that thing has been lying to me for months now :D Don't worry about it, I used to LOVE looking at what it said but discovered its all lies anyway because there are way too many factors!
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    Gotcha!!!! Well today it told me I would be 9 pounds lighter in 5 weeks so I am a happy camper with the stupid thing :) I will use it as a motivator not base anything on it. Thanks guys
  • jweidner33
    jweidner33 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think it's just a motivational tool. I get a kick out of it. I take it with a grain of salt though.
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    Yeah, that thing has been lying to me for months now :D Don't worry about it, I used to LOVE looking at what it said but discovered its all lies anyway because there are way too many factors!

How do you add the cardio ticker??? I want one!!! :)
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options
    It's not really so accurate, but I like it. It makes me think about where I'll be 5 weeks from now.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The "5 weeks" progress thing is an instant snapshot of what eating "Exactly" like today would do to/for you... good day? you have a chance of meeting your weight loss goals (if you're right around your daily calorie goal) bad day way over? you may just risk losing all the progress you've had to this point. I use it just as such a snapshot to reinforce my habits from day to day.
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options

You can make all sorts of cool tickers at tickerfactory.com. I'm not sure if that's where her's came from, but I have one on my blog from that site.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

It's under "signature" at the top of this page, under the message header.
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    The "5 weeks" progress thing is an instant snapshot of what eating "Exactly" like today would do to/for you... good day? you have a chance of meeting your weight loss goals (if you're right around your daily calorie goal) bad day way over? you may just risk losing all the progress you've had to this point. I use it just as such a snapshot to reinforce my habits from day to day.

Great thinking. Thanks
  • tschmelzer
    Options

It's under "signature" at the top of this page, under the message header.

Thanks!!!!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    up until about 4 weeks ago (when i started a new job) that '5 weeks from now' prediction was spot on for me.. very very accurate in predicting my weight losses.. but then i was very consistent in keeping to the alloted calorie and nutrient goals, and eating back my exercise calories as well.

i actually really like seeing that prediction.. it helped keep me focused on where i was going.

in the last few weeks, because my schedule changed so much, i have maintained more than i have continued to lose, but given my eating choices i am not surprised... but knowing how accurate it always was for me, it is now helping me to get back on a more focused track again *S*
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    ugh its soo anooying when it keeps changing especially when your workout regime chages too! apparently in 5 weeks ill weigh 68.9 ....hmm just over 10 kilo loss lol i dont think so lol
    dont take any notice, clearly your not going to eat the exact same thing every day aswell as the same excercise so juststay on track and try to look past it
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    just to play devils advocate...has anyone gone back 5 weeks to see how accurate it is?

I use mine to show, in the note, I've 'completed' the days entry.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It was accurate for me in my first effort to lose 10% of my weight, I've since regained some of that back but haven't lost weight in 6 weeks now so it hasn't been accurate in that long for me. I know I've had a lot more processed foods since August and that's playing a big part of it.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It is a big fat liar!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    It is a big fat liar!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Shelley - if you are consistent in what / how you eat every day it is pretty damn spot on - I actually record the number it gives me on the day 5 weeks into the future (in the notes in my food diary) and if I have been very consistent it is spot on - but if I have had some days of less exercise (or eating more) then it reflects as well....
  • MarthaRN
    MarthaRN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love it. Sometimes it is hard to keep motivated but when it tells where you could be in 5 weeks if you stick with it makes it worth it. Makes me smile at the end of my day.