weight gain at last weigh in aftet sticking to diet??

Options
hi!
the last three weeks been one of those programs where they deliver the food to you to help you lose weight. i've been using their 1200 calorie a day diet and really loving it! week one was great, i lost 1.3kg. week two also great, 1.4. week three - weigh in this morning - after sticking to diet completely during the week - i gained 0.4kg??? not even stayed the same weight, but GAINED!

has anyone got an explanation for why this would happen?? it's really discouraging me :( the food is obviously fairly expensive and i'm just so confused why i would have gained weight! i did do some exercise during the week, but only about 1 hour 45 minutes total of intensive bike riding - surely that much excercise can't cause that much of a gain in muscle weight?
thanks so much for your help and good luck with all of your eating well adventures :)

Replies

• adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Your body weight consist of fat, muscle, bone and water. If you are exercising, your bone density and muscle will increase.
  • Deb2012
    Deb2012 Posts: 124
    Options
    TOM?
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluxuate quite a bit from day to day - and if you only weigh once a week you might just have struck one of the "up" days.....

Here is a graph I did of my daily weights - and my other months looks very similar...... so just keep on doing what you are doing, and you will most probably see the results next week :-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/weighing-daily-don-t-believe-the-scale-135325
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluxuate quite a bit from day to day - and if you only weigh once a week you might just have struck one of the "up" days.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/weighing-daily-don-t-believe-the-scale-135325

Same happened to me regularly. I may stay the same or sometimes actually increase after a week maybe even two but then drop suddenly. Keep on trucking and think long term.

And concentrate on the fact that you're still at a loss in total. You should be reveling in that!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    hi!
    the last three weeks been one of those programs where they deliver the food to you to help you lose weight. i've been using their 1200 calorie a day diet and really loving it! week one was great, i lost 1.3kg. week two also great, 1.4. week three - weigh in this morning - after sticking to diet completely during the week - i gained 0.4kg??? not even stayed the same weight, but GAINED!

has anyone got an explanation for why this would happen?? it's really discouraging me :( the food is obviously fairly expensive and i'm just so confused why i would have gained weight! i did do some exercise during the week, but only about 1 hour 45 minutes total of intensive bike riding - surely that much excercise can't cause that much of a gain in muscle weight?
    thanks so much for your help and good luck with all of your eating well adventures :)
    If you're new to exercise, then you're retaining water for muscle repair and glycogen storage. It's normal and usually subsides in a couple of weeks.
  • veroniquemurphy
    Options
    thanks for your help, this has made me feel much better! :)
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Here is a graph I did of my daily weights - and my other months looks very similar...... so just keep on doing what you are doing, and you will most probably see the results next week :-)

I LOVE that you posted this. It's exactly the kind of thing that someone would want/need to see when they run into those depressing moments we've all had when the scale is telling us exactly what we don't want to hear. It's awesome to see it in a format that shows the jumps and skips and drops and gains...but ultimately, just keeps dropping. :)
  • hernoodlyness
    hernoodlyness Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That graph makes me feel so much better! And confirms what I have suspected all along. I also gained 0.4 kg since Wednesday and felt utterly depressed this morning.But now things are looking up :)