Not a morning person.....

Options
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of something that is particularly good to have for breakfast that makes you feel more alert and kind of 'Up and at 'em' first things in the morning?

I have generally been eating clean and do, as a rule, feel more energised because of this throughout the day, but mornings are still a huge struggle for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Coffee :D
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Coffee :D

Coffee unless you are looking for a stimulant such as Jack3d or muscle marinade
  • paniologal
    paniologal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Coffee for sure. I like granola bars in the morning as well.

Actually the best thing I have ever found for mornings - ever - was this app. I can wake up at 5:30 AM and feel okay :)
  • silkkat50
    silkkat50 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do remember someone on here posting that she's started having flaxseed in her porridge/oatmeal, she said not nay does it taste delicious but it makes her feel more energised.
  • Lozzy_86
    Options
    I'm not a morning person either, but I find I do feel better and more alert through the day after a work out.
    To start, I set my alarm earlier 10-15min every day, until I was at the time I needed to get up, that way it isn't such a shock to the system!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My breakfast at the moment consists of a wholegrain wrap, a little light cream cheese, some shredded grilled chicken, and a little capsicum, mushrooms and baby spinach leaves. I wrap it all up and toast in a sandwich press.

Sounds like a big breakky, but it keeps me full and alert until lunchtime (I eat at about 7am and lunch is at 1pm), although I tend to have a handful of nuts or some cheese and crackers at about 11am.

I've never been one to eat breakfast as I despise milk, and cereal for me is not much better. I can eat slice upon slice of toast and it leaves me ravenous, so this is an excellent solution for me. Everyone at work makes fun of my 'lunch' so early in the morning, but I laugh right back when they are all popping out for muffins or hot chips at 10 in the morning.
  • aliciar3
    Options
    Vodka... :tongue:
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Vodka... :tongue:

Haha, I was hoping for something that would prevent me from passing out at my desk!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i heard somewhere that an apple is supposed to be a good 'perk up' food... not sure if its actually true tho!
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person either, but I find I do feel better and more alert through the day after a work out.
    To start, I set my alarm earlier 10-15min every day, until I was at the time I needed to get up, that way it isn't such a shock to the system!

That does sound like a good idea, I think maybe will give that a go. I tend to eat breakfast once I'm at work, and am not a huge fan of coffee. So perhaps being energetic first things in the morning rather than expecting to magically feel energetic is worth a try!

Thanks for the advice everyone!! I'm sure I will try everything out systematically and find what works for me :happy:
  • redcore
    Options
    I drink Body by Vi (meal replacement/soy protein) most mornings and typically add instant coffee for a 'mocha' flavor. I'm so not a morning person either :P
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    lol, vodka is for russians :P hahahah jk

I am a morning person but my bf is a night person :P I always wake up early and need a hearty breakfast to start my day... :) I have coffee and cereal ;)
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Fresh juice: the kind you squeeze yourself! Gives me a sugar high
  • mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    FRUIT!! Coffee is only a stimulant, so it doesn't really wake you up, it just keeps you from falling asleep! Fruit always makes me feel my best. And it makes you nice, chipper and alert. Have a whole breakfast of fruit or just make sure you eat a good portion of it with whatever else you eat. :) Hope this helps!