Vegetarian meals??

Options
Hey guys! I have someone coming over for dinner tomorrow who is a vegetarian and I am struggling to decide what to make that pleases both her and my non-vegetarian guests (one of which is my 3 year old!). Do you guys have any ideas on what I can make that is a quick and simple crowd pleaser?? Thanks!

Replies

• oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    How about vegetarian chili?
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I have someone coming over for dinner tomorrow who is a vegetarian and I am struggling to decide what to make that pleases both her and my non-vegetarian guests (one of which is my 3 year old!). Do you guys have any ideas on what I can make that is a quick and simple crowd pleaser?? Thanks!

Pasta would would be your easiest route. Like ....spaghetti you can make it with a meat and meatless sauce, bread and maybe a side salad. Easy peasy.
  • jadick825
    jadick825 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Pizza!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    How about a nice vegetable soup with some homemade bread :) Another option would be some spaghetti squash with roasted veggies and olive oil :) top it off with some fresh asiago :)
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    something like Sweet potato Chipotle soup and a really good grilled cheese.

Or quesadillas and a black bean salad.

Or a baked potato bar, and everyone can choose their own (meat or meatless) toppings

Pesto pasta and a veggie dish (salad?)

Risotto and a veggie dish (salad)?
  • mkcushanick
    Options
    Awesome ideas guys...thank you! :)
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/may/24/recipe.foodanddrink

vegetarian quesadillas, you could add chicken for your meateating guests, but these don't really need meat.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.vegparadise.com/recipeindex.html

My favorite site :D So many great ideas! Let us know what you choose :)
  • eastofthewillow
    eastofthewillow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Better late than never? Veggie Enchiladas. Buy some morningstar chicken strips and cook them up with a little bit of water and taco seasoning. (Fake meat dries out if you don't add a little water. 1/4 cup is plenty.) Wrap the meat with warmed corn tortillas (lard free). Fill a glass dish with them and pour one to two cans of green enchilada sauce over top.(You want them completely covered or the tortillas dry out.) Cook at 350 until sauce is bubbling. (Cheese and sour cream optional) Get creative with it. I like tofu spinach enchiladas... but the fake chicken ones are a bigger hit with my 3 year old. =) ~Amber~

*Extra tip. Cover the glass dish with a thin layer of enchi sauce before you add the chicken stuffed tortillas so they don't stick to the pan. Also, cook the enchilada dish covered in foil.
  • 13Natty
    Options
    Better late than never? Veggie Enchiladas. Buy some morningstar chicken strips and cook them up with a little bit of water and taco seasoning. (Fake meat dries out if you don't add a little water. 1/4 cup is plenty.) Wrap the meat with warmed corn tortillas (lard free). Fill a glass dish with them and pour one to two cans of green enchilada sauce over top.(You want them completely covered or the tortillas dry out.) Cook at 350 until sauce is bubbling. (Cheese and sour cream optional) Get creative with it. I like tofu spinach enchiladas... but the fake chicken ones are a bigger hit with my 3 year old. =) ~Amber~

*Extra tip. Cover the glass dish with a thin layer of enchi sauce before you add the chicken stuffed tortillas so they don't stick to the pan. Also, cook the enchilada dish covered in foil.
    eastofthewillow What a gorgeous photo? Your bub looks like he/she is giving you so much love there! It is so cute before they know how to close their mouths to kiss! Thanks for the gorgeous flash back. I can not believe that I had forgotten about that till I saw this photo. Natxx