Exercise calories

Options
Do you eat back the calories you burn when you work out?

I started the 30DS yesterday and finished with almost 200 calories left over.. I find I'm not hungry enough after what I've had throughout the day just to eat for the sake of it.

But of course I'm worried about going in to 'starvation mode' for not having enough calories.. So I guess what I wanna know is do you eat back your calories.. and how has that effected your weight loss.

And feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Mark63
    Mark63 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I try not to eat back the calories I work off. 1lb=3500 calories. So to lose a pound a week, you need to lose 500 calories per day. Exercise calories can count towards that. Good luck.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I eat them if I'm hungry or if I want a treat.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I almost always eat back my exercise calories - maybe not all of them but most of them. I tend to eat foods with a higher calorie count on those days: almonds, avocados, chicken.

To be honest, I have always eaten back those calories....since I started in July.

I've lost about 22 lbs. I could probably have sped up the process, but I think it's healthier in the long run to lose it slowly. Studies have shown people keep it off if it's a more gradual process...so that's another reason why I opted to do it this way. (And I'm always hungry if I don't eat those calories. HAHA)
  • walbro
    walbro Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Funny I asked the same question as I was 600 calories under following exercise yesterday:happy: . Problem is that if you do a double class early evening you cannot eat much beforehand and by the time I get home at 9pm I do not want to eat a big meal. Its reassuring to know that you do not always have to eat back exercise calories. I do try to eat at least some of them though. The one week I put on a pound in weight was the week I consistently underate my calories so you do have to be careful to get the balance right. Good luck. :happy:
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i blv in eating back your exercise calories, however some days it is just too much for me to eat so i aim to eat at least some.
  • sweatymary
    Options
    I would recommend eating back your exercise calories. If you don't and your calorie intake drops below the 1200 level (daily allowance + exercise calories) you risk your body going into starvation mode x