New

Options
Hello, I am new to this kinda. I have been on here for a month but I am really starting to get the hang of this. I am 25 years old and have a 2 year old daughter. I Served 4 years in the National Guard and got out shortly after having my daughter. When I found out I was pregnant for her, I weighed 149 lbs. After I had her, I weighed 233 lbs. So for 2 years now, I haven't seen my wieght under 210. Tonight, I weighed in at 209. I am very ashaimed about how much i have gained. I really want to be back down to at least 150 lbs. My daughter deserves to have a Healthy Mom who can set a good example for her. I can't tell my daughter to eat healthy and exercise if I am not doing it myself. So with that said, I am looking for a good support system. I love this site and I am looking forward to supporting others as well!!!! Good luck to you all on your journey. If you want support and give good support, feel free to add me. Thank you :)

Replies

• myth4ever
    Options
    It is going to be fun and worthwhile trip....Get ready for the challenge and to be better than you were yesterday!!!!
  • demetria423
    demetria423 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight you have lost so far! I know how it feels to not lose the baby weight. I have a 2 year old son and I put on 60lbs with him and only lost about 20 of those pounds. I get so frustrated because I have seen all my friends have babies and lose the all the weight and more within months so I never understood why I could not do the same :sad: I too feel like you and feel very ashamed I let my weight sit this high for so long after I had my son but we both should stop feeling ashamed because at least we are doing something about it . Good Luck to you and I hope we can support each other on our journeys :smile:
  • msmanners
    Options
    I am ready to the challenge....... Happy for the change. LOL very ready for it all!!! I need to get me back to my old self.
  • msmanners
    Options
    Thank you demetria423. Yes, it is very hard to see my friends having baby's and losing the weight like it was nothing. But you are right, at least we are doing something about it now. I can't wait. Thanks for the add.
  • TrishKennett
    Options
    It's been a joy to have you as a friend here, even if it's only been a few weeks. Keep it up - you are already an inspiration to me!
  • msmanners
    Options
    Aww, Thank you. I am happy to have you as a friend on here. You have inspired me tons. I Love the support that I already have.