My feelings for food has changed

Options
CVAB
CVAB Posts: 56 Member
I suffer from emotional/binge eating. So before I would easily eat well over double my intake for the day and think nothing of it.

My boyfriend and I work completely different shifts from each other and rarely get time to spend together. Today we both happen to have the day off. So late night he was like, "Let's get some snacks and make nachos and watch a movie."

I didn't see the harm in going over this one time. It's been a while.

But man do I regret it this morning! I'm so dehydrated and bloated. I feel generally not well. I know I need to get back on track right away but I don't even want to eat anything.

Funny thing is. Before I started eating right I felt this way all the time and didn't think anything of it.

Waking up this morning feeling the way I did. I won't be binging again. Period.

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I suffer from emotional/binge eating. So before I would easily eat well over double my intake for the day and think nothing of it.

My boyfriend and I work completely different shifts from each other and rarely get time to spend together. Today we both happen to have the day off. So late night he was like, "Let's get some snacks and make nachos and watch a movie."

I didn't see the harm in going over this one time. It's been a while.

But man do I regret it this morning! I'm so dehydrated and bloated. I feel generally not well. I know I need to get back on track right away but I don't even want to eat anything.

Funny thing is. Before I started eating right I felt this way all the time and didn't think anything of it.

Waking up this morning feeling the way I did. I won't be binging again. Period.

Amen!
  • katherinemoore13
    Options
    I have the same problem.... tracking my food intake is making me realize how much I over eat, but for some reason it still hasn't given me the right motivation. Any advice?
  • CVAB
    CVAB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I never bring bad food into the house in the first place. I had to go out last night to get everything we ate last night.
    I also buy tons of the fruit and veg that I love the most and fill up mostly on that.
    I've also cut back on red meat.

Plus I think in the way that. I could have a small piece of salmon with rice and fruit and veggies and have a huge plate of food or one burger. I obliviously want the huge plate. yum
  • LesleeAH
    Options
    That's really great! I've slowly been noticing the same thing, especially with sodium. If I eat something high in sodium, I really notice the bloating in the following day or two and also lethargy and dehydration. Also sugar is starting to make me sick, if I have some candy or something.

I guess the less you have or do something the most sensitive you become to it.